PDA

View Full Version : Even When Warmed Up, Car Drops Idle or Dies Only Upon 1st Drive and 1st Stop Light?

MPOW33R
10-31-2014, 11:36 AM
So thats it, my wonderful AWM even when warmed up properly
the car dies or idle drops really low when I get around the corner
to my 1st stop light 1/4mile away. No issues in driveway or starting
or warming the car up. Just when i get to the 1st light.

All day after that the car is fine. Seems to occur only when rested over night
or after a complete cool down of about 4-6 Hours .

Any clues as to what my problem is? I do have a newly installed
Crank Shaft Position Sensor and my CEL is on for P0012/16396

Thanks !!

Wrath And Tears
10-31-2014, 11:48 AM
From the sound of it this isn't your problem, but have you tried a TB adaptation? I know when mine was out of whack my idle would do some funny things when I came to a stop, but mostly would have higher rpm's then normal. For some reason currently when I'm sitting at a stop light my rpm's will every once in a blue moon jump up from 850 to 1200 or so, as if I toed the throttle and let off.

So your code is for Bank 1 camshaft adjustment - specified value not obtained. Now that..... is more likely your problem. If the car is unable to adjust the cam properly to intake / exhaust the right amount you could easily have idle and stalling problems. The most common fix (but not always the one that needs to be done is replacing the camshaft adjuster. There is quite a large list of stuff to diag what the problem is exactly. If you have the time, tools and a DMM ill copy the instructions for you.

Edit: So my far more experienced co-worker just explained to me that because the value was not obtained, versus saying over-retarded, most likely means it is a oil pressure issue (lack of). Simple fix is an oil change to the proper level, clear the code and see if it comes back.

MPOW33R
10-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, what is a TB adaptation?