PDA

View Full Version : Car runs and drives the DIES

AudiForeman
10-29-2014, 07:31 AM
So my 97 aeb 5speed died on me a few weeks ago on the highway, still kept power through all electronics. Towed home ect ect. Zero codes except for my n80 which has been deleted. When I start the car it runs fine, drive down the street and it dies with a somewhat big backfire. If I try to start it again there is a loud clicking found from behind the dash/knee boulster, speedo climbs up to about 15mph while cranking. Car does turn over just won't start. If I wait 10 minutes it will fire right up then die a mile later and so on.

I have a new battery, alternator, ICM delete, coils, fuel pump all replaced 5k miles before the issue popped up. I replaced the ignition switch hoping that would fix it but no luck. Maybe a bad ground? Vehicle speed sensor? Fuel pump relay?
Any help is appreciated fellas, I need her running this weekend

AudiForeman
10-30-2014, 04:05 AM
Found an old old thread on another forum where the guy had the EXACT word for word issues. In one case the relay fixed it and the other guy needed an ecu. I should have time to get a relay and put in Friday night. I'll post back with answers.

AudiForeman
10-31-2014, 04:47 PM
disregard, I figured it out. Fuel pump relay.