PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if a lower bumper trim without the foglight opening is available?

Smeag OL'
10-27-2014, 04:24 PM
http://images.dealer.com/evox/stills_0640/5903/5903_st0640_089.jpg

I've been looking for a while now with no luck.

I understand that if I were to find something I'd have to figure out how to tackle any canbus errors I may get due to disconnected bulbs there.

I have an 09' - if there isn't one available, do you guys know if any other front bumpers would be a direct fit?

Thanks

put3namo
10-27-2014, 07:29 PM
I don't think there's one available, not sure maybe E-bay or some Chinese Knock oFf ...

or cover the fog light with 3M smoke stickers? or paint it?

Smeag OL'
10-27-2014, 07:39 PM
I don't think there's one available, not sure maybe E-bay or some Chinese Knock oFf ...

or cover the fog light with 3M smoke stickers? or paint it?

Yeah lots of eBay garbage. Doesn't help that sellers there flood the market with multitudes of the same crap.

I thought of those too; that might be an option. I was even leaning towards a full on RS6 bumper retrofit (if it would work). If I can't find anything I'll test out this weekend with a removal of the bulb and matching paint over that area.

By the way, does anyone have any tips on how to defeat any canbus errors arising from the lack of bulbs there?

ichi d
10-27-2014, 08:56 PM
why would you want to get rid of your fogs?

Smeag OL'
10-27-2014, 09:40 PM
why would you want to get ride of your fogs?

I can count on one hand how many times we've had fog down here.

Plus, for aesthetic reasons. Would really be no different than a different front end. I really hate the yellow bulbs and stuffing HIDs in there would look off to me.

eKKoMan
10-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Get the RS6 front bumper.

Smeag OL'
10-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Get the RS6 front bumper.

Do you know if it's a direct fit? (I'm assuming that the RS6 is wider than an A6...or does that start at the fenders?)

I actually looked for an RS6 front bumper for over 2 hours last night to no avail. Found one but it was beat to hell.

eKKoMan
10-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Just browse for a few minutes in the latest posts, there is a forum member here who has just ordered that. It can be added with some adjustments. Google a bit on some Euro sites.

Check this , post # 3141, V8A6 user:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/486028-What-did-you-do-to-your-C6-today/page79

You can also port directly the 2011 S Line front bumper if you like that (like i have)

Smeag OL'
10-28-2014, 02:17 AM
Just browse for a few minutes in the latest posts, there is a forum member here who has just ordered that. It can be added with some adjustments. Google a bit on some Euro sites.

Check this , post # 3141, V8A6 user:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/486028-What-did-you-do-to-your-C6-today/page79

You can also port directly the 2011 S Line front bumper if you like that (like i have)

Neat, thanks for that.

$2500 [eek] - I had actually found one site selling them and had thought that the price was an error in the USD conversion lol.

Great looking car by the way; I came across yours many times while googling.

I'm going to tinker around with blacking out the housing first. If that doesn't work I'll move forward with another bumper.

enoch861
10-28-2014, 12:31 PM
I really hate the yellow bulbs and stuffing HIDs in there would look off to me.
If you don't like the yellows just stick in some "daylight"/xenon match bulbs from GE or Sylvania. A lot cheaper than actually buying a whole new front end.

By the way, does anyone have any tips on how to defeat any canbus errors arising from the lack of bulbs there?
There's no way to defeat the canbus errors you'll be getting because there is no model of the C6 that came without fogs except for the RS6 which had LED DRL's instead of fogs. The RS6 bumper conversion should help, though, since the "fogs" basically convert to the LED DRL's.

Smeag OL'
10-28-2014, 02:49 PM
If you don't like the yellows just stick in some "daylight"/xenon match bulbs from GE or Sylvania. A lot cheaper than actually buying a whole new front end.

There's no way to defeat the canbus errors you'll be getting because there is no model of the C6 that came without fogs except for the RS6 which had LED DRL's instead of fogs. The RS6 bumper conversion should help, though, since the "fogs" basically convert to the LED DRL's.

Yeah, I really did like the LED DRLs so that may still be an option for me.

Lastly, off topic, do you guys know if it's possible to change the brake pads without VAGCOM?

SinCityA6
10-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Not sure why you would want to delete these. They can serve many purposes other than 'Fog". A nice set of bulbs like @enoch says will go along way to throwing more light in front of you increasing night time visability. If you dont see yourself using them for that, you can always code them in VAGCOM to come on when you activate the turn signal (only side with turn signal on will light, not both) which can increase visability when turning. Lastly, you could be rducing the chances of selling the car without them since they were OEM. That is unless you put them back in.

enoch861
10-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Lastly, off topic, do you guys know if it's possible to change the brake pads without VAGCOM?
It's possible. It's not the best solution but it's possible.
Here's a video to illustrate what you'd have to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-q68JIUils

ichi d
10-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Not sure why you would want to delete these. They can serve many purposes other than 'Fog". A nice set of bulbs like @enoch says will go along way to throwing more light in front of you increasing night time visability. If you dont see yourself using them for that, you can always code them in VAGCOM to come on when you activate the turn signal (only side with turn signal on will light, not both) which can increase visability when turning. Lastly, you could be rducing the chances of selling the car without them since they were OEM. That is unless you put them back in.

do you know the steps to coding the fogs to turn on when you turn? i already have that in my headlight when my lights are on but that would be a nice added feature.