PDA

View Full Version : Misfire, no fault codes...

Priest
10-26-2014, 06:12 AM
Hi guys!

Audi S4, 2003, 53 k on clock.
I have very little shake on engine, I can feel missfire but no fault codes at all.
There is smell from exhaust like fuel is not burned completely.
No loss power.

Car have full MILLTEK exhaust. Rear sensors are still in ecu. Not removed from program, will need to do it.

What I did... New sparks, new coils, new lambda sensors.
I don't think is any air leak at all.

What could be wrong?
Any ideas?

Priest
10-28-2014, 07:43 AM
Anyone, any ideas?

spidy512
11-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Heya

So how exactly do you know it is misfiring? You say it is has a "shake". Is that at idle or at speed? Were all the parts OEM that you used? Was the Miltek on the car previously? It smells like gas after a long drive? or at idle?

Possibly someone else can chime in, but I think a bit more info would be helpful.

With that being said, my motor def has a "wobble" at idle. I have been in many audi's that share the same shimmy. But AFAIK, and certainly for my car, it is harmless and personally just the harmonics of the motor at idle. I recently added an RS6 exhaust and it sometimes is more pronounced. Again for me, I think its just harmonics.

Cheers!

Josh

Veeizzlb7s4
07-15-2015, 07:05 PM
Heya

So how exactly do you know it is misfiring? You say it is has a "shake". Is that at idle or at speed? Were all the parts OEM that you used? Was the Miltek on the car previously? It smells like gas after a long drive? or at idle?

Possibly someone else can chime in, but I think a bit more info would be helpful.

With that being said, my motor def has a "wobble" at idle. I have been in many audi's that share the same shimmy. But AFAIK, and certainly for my car, it is harmless and personally just the harmonics of the motor at idle. I recently added an RS6 exhaust and it sometimes is more pronounced. Again for me, I think its just harmonics.

Cheers!

Josh
I have a 06, B7 S4 with about 130k i starting getting misfire and loss of power . So i changed the coil and plugs with an after market coil hudson i believe . Afterwards still same so i thought it was the aftermarket coils so i bought dealer oem coils still same what could it be also getting powertrain code

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk