PDA

View Full Version : facelift to non-facelift?

marsplex
10-24-2014, 12:01 AM
I may be getting a 2001 wagon with a blown tranny but everything else is mint, i have been doing some searching around and finding mixed info. So.. My car is a 1999 Sedan

I know the seats will swap over but what about the air bag plugs?
Is the front bumper a direct swap?
Hood, bumper, fenders.. are these i direct swap?

If i deiced to go a different direction is there a tranny pull DIY?

marsplex
10-24-2014, 12:14 AM
I have determined the finders are not exactly the same.

GrapeBandit
10-24-2014, 06:23 AM
I have determined the finders are not exactly the same.

the only difference in the fenders are the turn signal lights, but you can swap the 2 fenders over

MetalMan
10-24-2014, 07:43 AM
the only difference in the fenders are the turn signal lights, but you can swap the 2 fenders over

Don't forget the fenders also differ where the headlights butt up against them.

All of the parts you listed are different in some way between facelift and pre-facelift. For example: facelift bumper has mounting tabs for fog lights. Facelift hood has under-hood winshield washer squirters (pre-facelift has them mostly above the hood). Not sure about the seat air bag plugs, though.

Cgoon009
10-24-2014, 07:47 AM
My question, why would you not just fix the tranny or swap a new one into the wagon? Wagons are amazeballs.

marsplex
10-24-2014, 09:11 AM
I think this is the direction im going, last time i did a tranny swap was in a 1965 nova 20 years ago, im a bit rusty. Does anyone have a diy? Also after talking to the guy he is telling me is slow to get in to reverse, not that reverse is gone. So i know it could be the damage to the reverse gear or by rarely low fluid.

BaseDrifter
10-24-2014, 10:45 AM

As MetalMan mentioned, the headlight mounting is different, and the trim piece along the side is different. Facelift fenders would look out of place on a prefacelift car.

marsplex
10-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Im just going to put my old seats in the wagon and swap the bumper between my car and this one and just sell the rest of the car, it runs but has a misfire on #1 and no reverse when hot. I dont have the time to deal with it. i just put up on CL. See what happens. If i get around $700 for it ill be ok.

walky_talky20
10-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Auto Trans problems ruin lives. 5MT swap (FTW) cures all.