PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Day @ Bluewater Performance Nov. 15

Firefox250
10-09-2014, 02:22 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/360x360q90/14/11/15/e5a82f659d9a2e385c12746afc5ad58d.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/events/932849513409719/

Mcstiff
10-09-2014, 03:23 PM
I should be able to go. Hopefully with my Coupe but if I don't have it together I'll probably run my 90 to get a baseline (low [>_<] ).

AudiTFSI3o3
10-09-2014, 03:44 PM
man when I first got flashed by BW with APR Stage 2 + pulley, i was all over this. now sad for the disappointment. should I still run it?

Firefox250
10-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Wait...what disappointment?

seal66
10-09-2014, 04:24 PM
I want to again

jjvwg
10-09-2014, 04:39 PM

this has me scratching my head also.[confused] if you want, we can trade cars for the day and then when you get your dyno results back you can be truly dissapointed and i can be extremely happy haha

Ax_rings
10-10-2014, 05:54 AM
I'll go to watch and hangout!

AudiTFSI3o3
10-10-2014, 06:16 AM

the disappointment that the APR Stage 2+, 2014+ DSGs make less power than 2013 and earlier models. [=(] (strictly DSG)

very controversial topic over in the B8 S4 section haha

Firefox250
10-10-2014, 06:55 AM
Oh I thought there was just an issue with not being able to dyno because the DSG won't hold a gear till redline.

vdubjetta02
10-10-2014, 08:19 AM
Curious what my R puts down.......

AudiForeman
10-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Now that my misfires are put to rest I would love to go again

drumnjuny
10-11-2014, 07:06 AM
R's are only dyno'd in FWD so no dyno really gets the drivetrain right :-\

i wanna see martin's car on a dyno

mec
10-11-2014, 07:31 AM
I was planning on going....but I think I'm not gonna make it. Unless the bluewater girl is there

drumnjuny
10-11-2014, 07:53 AM
lame dude. lame

Firefox250
10-11-2014, 08:01 AM
R's are only dyno'd in FWD so no dyno really gets the drivetrain right :-\

i wanna see martin's car on a dyno
False, all Bluewater R's were dyno'd with the haledex connected.

Im sure Luccia will be there Martin, and good luck on that note.

mec
10-11-2014, 09:54 AM
lame dude. lame

Yeah I guess I just don't really care about dynos much. One day I'll get one but I would like to be on the deeper end of this tune

Thanks Carl I'll need it! Bring me an extra set of pants please

jjvwg
10-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Yeah I guess I just don't really care about dynos much. One day I'll get one but I would like to be on the deeper end of this tune

martin, you still tuning yourself with maestro?

mec
10-11-2014, 10:23 AM
martin, you still tuning yourself with maestro?

Yup! Boost is perfect, timing is like 80% there. Fueling is like 90% there. I keep going back to edit things.

I'm now experimenting with ethanol so I keep switching up the. Timing and fueling maps

jimrobbington
10-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Yup! Boost is perfect, timing is like 80% there. Fueling is like 90% there. I keep going back to edit things.

I'm now experimenting with ethanol so I keep switching up the. Timing and fueling maps
You really should get a baseline. You will never get a dyno price this good otherwise.

mec
10-11-2014, 12:05 PM
You really should get a baseline. You will never get a dyno price this good otherwise.

A baseline for what? I'm halfway through a full tune, all the mods I'll ever own are on the car already. If anything it will just be a show of what it's making half tuned. My quarter mile times are a pretty good estimate of that in essence they give you peak dyno numbers. That's good enough for me.

drumnjuny
10-11-2014, 12:15 PM

ORLY, I heard a long time ago that b/c the haldex doesn't slip on the front wheels it won't push power to the rear wheels and when it does its super erratic? got any videos / charts?

jjvwg
10-11-2014, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDBkBbeG1Y

mec
10-11-2014, 02:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDBkBbeG1Y

what? BW doesn't have a fan? They must have an aggressive correction factor then, hot IAT's kill power.

Firefox250
10-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Bluewater does not use any correction factors unless you ask for it.

That guy was lucky to have that massive swap cooler fan. I just had some little fans.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/11/952f28ec7977619d4b8e01610d6e53fe.jpg

mec
10-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Bluewater does not use any correction factors unless you ask for it.

That guy was lucky to have that massive swap cooler fan. I just had some little fans.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/11/952f28ec7977619d4b8e01610d6e53fe.jpg

I'm pretty sure they have got to be correcting for it. not as an SAE CHP correction vs WHP, but as a calibration to the dyno. Most shops have Giant fans that are supposed to essentially recreate the cooling mass of air that rushes through your intercooler and radiator when oyu are going 90 mph. This is a good chunk of cooling, If you sit in place with no cooling, or a small fan, you're going to see coolant temps rise and IAT's go higher than a 20 year old at a bassnectar concert. The result is the engine cuts timing down, and you make 0 power. well you should. So I am assuming they correct for this in the dyno calibrations to get it to read higher.

For example I was looking at a recent Frankenturbo guy's logs, he had Horrible timing, was running like 6 degrees at a maximum, pulling 2-4 degrees all accross the board, even at super low RPM's, the tune was just terrible, just horrible, and yet the dyno says he made 300awhp. this is on a b7 a4 btw.

My point being dyno calibrations have a huge play on output.

When i was studying finance,we would use excel quite a bit and my teacher would always say " Put shit in, get shit out" meaning Excel is a great tool, but it is designed to make a calculation based off what you input. If you enter in garbage than you end up with garbage. Same thing with a dyno. A dyno is a machine and I can calibrate it 30 different ways to make your stock car read from 100whp to 600whp, the numbers they are reporting are pretty huge, I would have to think they are correcting for it in the dyno calibration, because without a good fan or two you won't make much power.

jimrobbington
10-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Seth had some crazy dyno numbers too, and he swears it was uncorrected.

jjvwg
10-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Last summer at the Audi dyno day they had the swamp cooler setup by the garage door to cool the whole shop, and I think they had the small fans in front of the cars as shown in Carl's pic. They had a 24% correction applied that day. Doesn't really matter much if they have one or not as you can just do the math and get your uncorrected numbers. Like Martin said though, you can calibrate the shit out of a dyno. I remember hearing gabe talk about that dyno that day and it has a bunch of different selectable profiles to allow it to read like other name brand dyno's. I'm hoping that they can look at my old dyno and set it up the same way to get similar readings for a comparison between stage 1 and the gtrs. Obviously, a lot of variables come into play but anything to minimize the change would be good.

Firefox250
10-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Yeah Seth's were uncorrected

seal66
10-11-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm pretty sure they have got to be correcting for it. not as an SAE CHP correction vs WHP, but as a calibration to the dyno. Most shops have Giant fans that are supposed to essentially recreate the cooling mass of air that rushes through your intercooler and radiator when oyu are going 90 mph. This is a good chunk of cooling, If you sit in place with no cooling, or a small fan, you're going to see coolant temps rise and IAT's go higher than a 20 year old at a bassnectar concert. The result is the engine cuts timing down, and you make 0 power. well you should. So I am assuming they correct for this in the dyno calibrations to get it to read higher.

For example I was looking at a recent Frankenturbo guy's logs, he had Horrible timing, was running like 6 degrees at a maximum, pulling 2-4 degrees all accross the board, even at super low RPM's, the tune was just terrible, just horrible, and yet the dyno says he made 300awhp. this is on a b7 a4 btw.

My point being dyno calibrations have a huge play on output.

When i was studying finance,we would use excel quite a bit and my teacher would always say " Put shit in, get shit out" meaning Excel is a great tool, but it is designed to make a calculation based off what you input. If you enter in garbage than you end up with garbage. Same thing with a dyno. A dyno is a machine and I can calibrate it 30 different ways to make your stock car read from 100whp to 600whp, the numbers they are reporting are pretty huge, I would have to think they are correcting for it in the dyno calibration, because without a good fan or two you won't make much power.

Martin they don't correct for not having big ass fans buddy. At least he didn't for me. My numbers where uncorrected, but it was also like 50-60 in the shop so. Anyways like Jeff said they can do a lot of stuff to dyno's

mec
10-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Martin they don't correct for not having big ass fans buddy.

not correct. Calibrate.

Let me put it this way. Your car in a room with barely any flowing air can make 320awhp. No air flow = low intercooler efficiency, which means high IAT's, which equals low power.

So that means that if you were to have a dyno with a proper fan setup, you would make what? 350-370awhp....on a k04.....at some point you start to realize there simply isnt enough flow in a k04 to do that.

If the physics don't add up in the real world then that means the software outputting the data is calibrated incorrectly.

In other words

With super high IAT's, on a BW dyno you make the maximum power anyone has ever made on a k04.
Which means if you brought those IAt's down you would make more power than is even possible on a k04.

That simply wouldn't make sense, you cant get 350whp-370whp out a k04, which means that the dyno is calibrated to output numbers based on the conditions of the shop to report a comparable number to a dyno with a proper fan setup. Summary: Dyno is calibrated to read higher due to lack of airflow.

mec
10-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Now this isn't me crapping on BW, they are a nice shop. This is just me saying a dyno is hardware. think of it as a calculator. If you had the physical part of a calculator with buttons, but no software. You could press buttons and nothing would happen. Same on a dyno, you can spin the rollers and nothing will happenw ithout software.

Now when you add in software. You have to tell it if you are reading the rollers spinning at X rate, then you need to interpret this rate as equivalent to Y power. Meaning there is some algorithm or correlation between the speed of the rollers that is being read by the computer and the output of the computer. That software can be programmed to whatever you like. Its a dyno thing, its just a calculation, based on the input received from the rollers that is put into a formula that converts roller speed over time into torque and horsepower.

seal66
10-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Now this isn't me crapping on BW, they are a nice shop. This is just me saying a dyno is hardware. think of it as a calculator. If you had the physical part of a calculator with buttons, but no software. You could press buttons and nothing would happen. Same on a dyno, you can spin the rollers and nothing will happenw ithout software.

Now when you add in software. You have to tell it if you are reading the rollers spinning at X rate, then you need to interpret this rate as equivalent to Y power. Meaning there is some algorithm or correlation between the speed of the rollers that is being read by the computer and the output of the computer. That software can be programmed to whatever you like. Its a dyno thing, its just a calculation, based on the input received from the rollers that is put into a formula that converts roller speed over time into torque and horsepower.

not correct. Calibrate.

Let me put it this way. Your car in a room with barely any flowing air can make 320awhp. No air flow = low intercooler efficiency, which means high IAT's, which equals low power.

So that means that if you were to have a dyno with a proper fan setup, you would make what? 350-370awhp....on a k04.....at some point you start to realize there simply isnt enough flow in a k04 to do that.

If the physics don't add up in the real world then that means the software outputting the data is calibrated incorrectly.

In other words

With super high IAT's, on a BW dyno you make the maximum power anyone has ever made on a k04.
Which means if you brought those IAt's down you would make more power than is even possible on a k04.

That simply wouldn't make sense, you cant get 350whp-370whp out a k04, which means that the dyno is calibrated to output numbers based on the conditions of the shop to report a comparable number to a dyno with a proper fan setup. Summary: Dyno is calibrated to read higher due to lack of airflow.

Cause I really don't have the time, I was wrong in my statement..... I had a 14% correction factor that day. Went through the logs. You are correct they adjust the Dyno for how everything is that day or season whatever. Don't really care. I used the dyno as a base to see how the car was running and where the power came on and fell. This is what you should be doing as well. Who cares what numbers you get cause they can change depending on how the dyno is calibrated. Do it see how the car acts through the powerband.

mec
10-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Cause I really don't have the time, I was wrong in my statement..... I had a 14% correction factor that day. Went through the logs. You are correct they adjust the Dyno for how everything is that day or season whatever. Don't really care. I used the dyno as a base to see how the car was running and where the power came on and fell. This is what you should be doing as well. Who cares what numbers you get cause they can change depending on how the dyno is calibrated. Do it see how the car acts through the powerband.

don't have time for what?

Well that is exactly why I have yet to get a dyno. $65 isn't bad, but I know my powerband very well I drive my car a gazillion miles each week. So I mean Vfiz has a built in torque and horsepower calculator, 1/4mi is another way of creating a calculation using your three numbers to turn into horsepower, so its a vague number. You get something that reads peak power at 350awhp 340awtq. What does that mean? That means that in those conditions that day, using the variables input into the dyno, A very extensive formula at this point, I would make an estimated 350awhp at certain RPM. Which I think I would be down to do.....if it was free....but dynos aren't free, you have to get someone to strap the car down, someone has to invest in the hardware which isn't cheap, and you have to end up paying someone. That makes sense. its just that paying for some arbitrary numbers doesn't really tell me much. I prefer acceleration data. which can be had in the quarter mile for $30, or even free with logs, free with a GPS sensor given it has sufficient hertz....Idk maybe potato pohtahtoh. If arjun and you guys want to fund it I'll take my car, but I probably won't pay to put it on the dyno lol it just doesn't matter that much to me.

seal66
10-11-2014, 06:24 PM
don't have time for what?

Well that is exactly why I have yet to get a dyno. $65 isn't bad, but I know my powerband very well I drive my car a gazillion miles each week. So I mean Vfiz has a built in torque and horsepower calculator, 1/4mi is another way of creating a calculation using your three numbers to turn into horsepower, so its a vague number. You get something that reads peak power at 350awhp 340awtq. What does that mean? That means that in those conditions that day, using the variables input into the dyno, A very extensive formula at this point, I would make an estimated 350awhp at certain RPM. Which I think I would be down to do.....if it was free....but dynos aren't free, you have to get someone to strap the car down, someone has to invest in the hardware which isn't cheap, and you have to end up paying someone. That makes sense. its just that paying for some arbitrary numbers doesn't really tell me much. I prefer acceleration data. which can be had in the quarter mile for $30, or even free with logs, free with a GPS sensor given it has sufficient hertz....Idk maybe potato pohtahtoh. If arjun and you guys want to fund it I'll take my car, but I probably won't pay to put it on the dyno lol it just doesn't matter that much to me.

[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

seal66
10-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Edited... I am an asshole today from being tired.

mec
10-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Edited... I am an asshole today from being tired.

dude quit being an asshole :)

You gonna be around for the cruise next weekend? its about time we do another beer day.

seal66
10-11-2014, 06:38 PM
dude quit being an asshole :)

You gonna be around for the cruise next weekend? its about time we do another beer day.
Ya, well working out of district making Shit hours so not happy right now.

Idk man. Supposed to be here in New Mexico probably until then.

mec
10-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Ya, well working out of district making Shit hours so not happy right now.

Idk man. Supposed to be here in New Mexico probably until then.

Rough, gotta play hard if you work hard.

naudinate
11-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Someone beat us to posting this up.

Bump for less then two weeks away! There maybe a power challenge more details to come. Bring more then your chipped 1.8t, This event is open to all makes and models as Bluewater is hosting the event for CUSCC so be respectful! Bluewater is a big supporter of the CUSCC and sponsor their show every year, They do a great job bringing real enthusiasts together!

So come and have a good time!

mec
11-04-2014, 01:30 PM

Bump for less then two weeks away! There maybe a power challenge more details to come. Bring more then your chipped 1.8t, This event is open to all makes and models as Bluewater is hosting the event for CUSCC so be respectful! Bluewater is a big supporter of the CUSCC and sponsor their show every year, They do a great job bringing real enthusiasts together!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves....everyone is free to come, not just the godly people who own "more than a chipped 1.8t"

drumnjuny
11-04-2014, 01:34 PM
i'm coming

derrek
11-04-2014, 01:37 PM

So I shouldn't come because I'm bringing my stage 1 1.8t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drumnjuny
11-04-2014, 01:39 PM
dude be respectful! he just said that gais!!!

slimmj0k3r
11-04-2014, 01:58 PM

My $65 is the same as the guy who's putting down 500whp. Except i probably have more $$ since a chip for my 1.8t cost less than going all out

seal66
11-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Let me put it this Way. My 2.0t is gettting on that dyno to show what a ko4 e85 b7 can do

Mcstiff
11-04-2014, 09:43 PM
My 90s power to weight may be better than a chipped 1.8T. Does not look like the Coupe with H1C/HX35 will be together [=(]

vdubjetta02
11-05-2014, 09:03 AM
My car gets its new clutch/flywheel installed next week..... Pending I can get it through the break in period I will probably Dyno the golf R

B6_4.2
11-05-2014, 10:23 AM
I should be able to make it, want to throw the S4 on there to see where I'm at.

naudinate
11-05-2014, 11:47 AM
So I shouldn't come because I'm bringing my stage 1 1.8t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My $65 is the same as the guy who's putting down 500whp. Except i probably have more $$ since a chip for my 1.8t cost less than going all out

Hahaha it must be a full moon out. I didn't mean to be offensive. its more fun to see cars making tons of power specially in a power challenge

Let me put it this Way. My 2.0t is gettting on that dyno to show what a ko4 e85 b7 can do

looking forward to see it

seal66
11-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Hahaha it must be a full moon out. I didn't mean to be offensive. its more fun to see cars making tons of power specially in a power challenge

looking forward to see it
Again lol. Already tuned there at BW so.

seal66
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Btw naudinate you gonna throw yours on the dyno to see how much it has changed from cali?

evildsmr
11-05-2014, 12:04 PM
I should be able to make it, want to throw the S4 on there to see where I'm at.
I'm anxious to see what you're does as well. ;)

naudinate
11-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Again lol. Already tuned there at BW so.

haha yes..

Btw naudinate you gonna throw yours on the dyno to see how much it has changed from cali?

uhh... maybe.. I know the numbers arnt going to be to my liking.

Mcstiff
11-05-2014, 01:44 PM

[:D] Who said it was a challenge?

naudinate
11-05-2014, 01:46 PM
[:D] Who said it was a challenge?

There is a rumor, cant say for sure right now.

drumnjuny
11-05-2014, 02:08 PM
haha we're just dicking around

jjvwg
11-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Definitely won't be partaking in the power challenge but I'd like to see my gains between my k03 and GTRS.

mec
11-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Definitely won't be partaking in the power challenge but I'd like to see my gains between my k03 and GTRS.

Not allowed! You're basically a chipped 1.8t, you heard naudinate

jjvwg
11-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Ftfy

Not allowed! You're basically a chipped 2.0t, you heard naudinate

mec
11-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Ftfy

lolololol! How's Motoza worked out for you? Looking forward to seeing your car there! I want a ride in teh gtrs!

naudinate
11-06-2014, 07:32 AM
.....[up]

AudiForeman
11-06-2014, 10:19 AM

Hahaha I love you Jeff

drumnjuny
11-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Hahaha I love you Jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

AudiForeman
11-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Lol always count on you Arjun

jjvwg
11-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Hahaha I love you Jeff

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7463/15542142489_475ff36fa4_o.jpg

drumnjuny
11-07-2014, 09:54 AM
lol mid atlantic regionals blow so i have to come over here to dick around now lol

Firefox250
11-14-2014, 09:54 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/14/200e6ac4397d302d1308d65701744260.jpg

Whelp the date has been pushed back due to the snow tomorrow. CUSCC has a lot of members that have show cars or cars that don't have snow tires (like mine).

seal66
11-14-2014, 10:10 AM
I won't be there now since the date has changed

AudiForeman
11-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Lame! Trailer your car

mec
11-14-2014, 12:30 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/14/200e6ac4397d302d1308d65701744260.jpg

Whelp the date has been pushed back due to the snow tomorrow. CUSCC has a lot of members that have show cars or cars that don't have snow tires (like mine).

Rookies!

drumnjuny
11-14-2014, 12:41 PM
I won't be there now since the date has changed

always count on seth to bail! "work" and "money" and shit... LAMMME

mec
11-14-2014, 12:59 PM
always count on seth to bail! "buttsex" and "glory holes" and shit... LAMMME

FTFY

drumnjuny
11-14-2014, 01:38 PM
LOLLLL

naudinate
11-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Bump for this weekend!

drumnjuny
11-20-2014, 04:52 PM
soooo someone is gonna videotape everyone and post the videos right? cool sounds good.

mec
11-20-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty nervous for this, I don't want to break the dyno with all my horseponies

DrewC
11-20-2014, 10:24 PM
soooo someone is gonna videotape everyone and post the videos right? cool sounds good.

I could be compelled to do such a thing if people wanted to pitch in and make it worth my while

mec
11-21-2014, 12:18 AM
I'll be there for an hour or so, I'll bring the go pro if anyone wants footage, but really it's just cars going no where, not that exciting. What is exciting is the print out

jimrobbington
11-21-2014, 05:10 AM
I'll be there for an hour or so, I'll bring the go pro if anyone wants footage, but really it's just cars going no where, not that exciting. What is exciting is the print out
Yeah, unless it spits flames and sounds like Godzilla, videos are pointless. Unless it comes loose and goes through a wall. That would be worth having on video.

Firefox250
11-21-2014, 06:46 AM
Martin shoots flames. I'll be there to record, but I'll only be using my iPhone.

mec
11-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Lol shooting flames with maestro is easy. You just max out your deceleration fuel map, and boom lots or fuel hen you let off the throttle, pow pow flames out the back

boostedAvant
11-21-2014, 10:12 AM
You running tomorrow, Martin? I'm thinking about stopping by.

mec
11-21-2014, 11:42 AM
You running tomorrow, Martin? I'm thinking about stopping by.

Maybe I am
Maybe I'm not.
Maybe Go watch the departed

I'll be there at 9, leaving by 10 or 11, Its my dad's birthday and Im making ribs!

jjvwg
11-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Martin, can you bring your vag com? Tried doing a throttle body adaptation with the motoza software and it did some funky shit twice and now it's unable to perform the operation. Wondering if I'd have better luck with vag com.

mec
11-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Martin, can you bring your vag com? Tried doing a throttle body adaptation with the motoza software and it did some funky shit twice and now it's unable to perform the operation. Wondering if I'd have better luck with vag com.

Yup, I'll be there at 8;45 or 8:30 probably.

drumnjuny
11-21-2014, 03:39 PM
oh shit is this tomorrow?? fawk. martin send me videos... or else!

drumnjuny
11-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Lol shooting flames with maestro is easy. You just max out your deceleration fuel map, and boom lots or fuel hen you let off the throttle, pow pow flames out the back

lmao!

mec
11-21-2014, 03:40 PM
oh shit is this tomorrow?? fawk. martin send me videos... or else!

or else....titty twisters? Or are we back to the MMF?

jjvwg
11-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Cool, I was planning on getting there around that time also. [up]

drumnjuny
11-22-2014, 03:10 PM
or else....titty twisters? Or are we back to the MMF?

hahahahahahahahaahah fuck me.

not in a MMF kind of way though [;)]

B6_4.2
11-22-2014, 11:07 PM
So I threw the S4 up there. Put down 240hp and 274ft-lbs uncorrected... At least it sounded nice in the process....

Firefox250
11-23-2014, 07:02 AM
So I threw the S4 up there. Put down 240hp and 274ft-lbs uncorrected... At least it sounded nice in the process....

Your V8 did sound awesome! Time for a UM or JHM tune!

jimrobbington
11-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Who else got numbers?

drumnjuny
11-23-2014, 08:22 AM
i wanna see some videos

Aok303
11-23-2014, 09:38 AM

is yours the one blue water posted on there facebook

jjvwg
11-23-2014, 09:50 AM
here are a few videos i took.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq9_HbhAvTo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSFci_pkefA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQqmyDlwChM

this thing was a beast, talk about a sleeper!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfpjT061mSs

B6_4.2
11-23-2014, 10:29 AM
is yours the one blue water posted on there facebook

Yeah

mec
11-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Not enough flame spitting

FLACO X3
11-23-2014, 02:27 PM
That little VR4 was awesome.

B6_4.2
11-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Your V8 did sound awesome! Time for a UM or JHM tune!

Thanks. Yeah I'm leaning towards a JHM tune, once I recover from having replaced the motor though...

AudiForeman
11-25-2014, 08:14 AM
Well who won the power competition? What did some of you other guys put down? Come in let's see a list.

mec
11-25-2014, 11:53 AM
@jjvwg, did you figure out what that power lull was?

jjvwg
11-25-2014, 03:28 PM
@jjvwg, did you figure out what that power lull was?

appears to have just been a fluke thing in that first run. didnt do it on the second run, and then gabe hooked up vag com for the 3rd and 4th runs to watch what boost and the throttle plate was doing and everything appeared to be fine. didnt happen after that first run, dont know what to make of it.

Firefox250
11-25-2014, 05:13 PM
http://www.bwperformance.com/cuscc-dyno-day-presented-by-bluewater-performance/

mec
11-25-2014, 05:28 PM
appears to have just been a fluke thing in that first run. didnt do it on the second run, and then gabe hooked up vag com for the 3rd and 4th runs to watch what boost and the throttle plate was doing and everything appeared to be fine. didnt happen after that first run, dont know what to make of it.

ahhh you know what it must have been then, the TB adaptation. It put it to "0" so it needed a few pulls to deadapt to the car. How much power did you end up putting down or did you stay at what you dynoed first?

jjvwg
11-25-2014, 06:13 PM
ahhh you know what it must have been then, the TB adaptation. It put it to "0" so it needed a few pulls to deadapt to the car. How much power did you end up putting down or did you stay at what you dynoed first?

yea, i figured it might have had something to do with that. did 254awhp/259awtq

mec
11-25-2014, 08:02 PM
yea, i figured it might have had something to do with that. did 254awhp/259awtq

wow, thats quite a step up. Are you happy with it? seems pretty close to the mathetmatical calculations. I should have gotten a ride while I was there! I bet it moves.

What did the rs7 do? I was surprised to see it did not win the competition.

jjvwg
11-25-2014, 08:25 PM
wow, thats quite a step up. Are you happy with it? seems pretty close to the mathetmatical calculations. I should have gotten a ride while I was there! I bet it moves.

What did the rs7 do? I was surprised to see it did not win the competition.

yea, quite a step up from the stage 1 tune and HFC, 74awhp to be exact. unfortunately for what it put down, its still pretty slow, and like i said when we talked the slow spool isnt very fun.

dont know if the rs7 ran, i left at 3pm, but i can tell you that the one that dyno'd at the CUSCC show in the spring did 440awp, so the galant would have still taken top honors.

mec
11-25-2014, 08:27 PM
yea, quite a step up from the stage 1 tune and HFC, 74awhp to be exact. unfortunately for what it put down, its still pretty slow, and like i said when we talked the slow spool isnt very fun.

dont know if the rs7 ran, i left at 3pm, but i can tell you that the one that dyno'd at the CUSCC show in the spring did 440awp, so the galant would have still taken top honors.

Are you thinking just more revisions to get higher or turbo swap? I was telling Yace that if you guys do rods, you should go for the gtx2860. good for another 50hp and it loves boost. I think you can run double the boost of the original gtrs

jjvwg
11-26-2014, 03:53 AM
Whoops, did my maths wrong, actually picked up 84awhp from the turbo. Unfortunately I'm maxing out the setup currently, but with rods and meth alone I could probably get damn close to the 300 mark and lower spool time some. Do they make a gtx2871? At this point I'm not really fond of putting another dime into the 1.8t. Sure, with a full frame setup I could probably get somewhere around 330, but I'd much rather do a 2.7 swap with k04's at that point and have a much more useable powerband. Granted the full frame gtx setup would be way easier and cheaper to accomplish.

mec
11-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Whoops, did my maths wrong, actually picked up 84awhp from the turbo. Unfortunately I'm maxing out the setup currently, but with rods and meth alone I could probably get damn close to the 300 mark and lower spool time some. Do they make a gtx2871? At this point I'm not really fond of putting another dime into the 1.8t. Sure, with a full frame setup I could probably get somewhere around 330, but I'd much rather do a 2.7 swap with k04's at that point and have a much more useable powerband. Granted the full frame gtx setup would be way easier and cheaper to accomplish.

They actually just came out with a gtx2871 this year at sema. I'm not sure if its for sale anywhere yet. They do make a gtx2867 which is what I have, mighty fine turbo. Many CFM's, Many HP, all the torques. I've got my eyes set on a vr6 swap.