PDA

View Full Version : Anyone weld?

jimrobbington
10-04-2014, 03:01 PM
The stupid little springy bracket that connects the downpipe to the transmission is snapped, and was told i just need a really easy tac weld done to fix it and keep it from rattling again.

Pic for reference (not my car):

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/deljustdel/test%20pipe/spring.jpg

Any volunteers?

100Daily
10-05-2014, 05:01 AM
I once had the frame of my car seat break. The fix was simple, I just needed a quick weld. I called up Meineke by E-470 in Parker. Some kid in the shop did it for $10. I just asked ahead of time when a good time to come down would be. I guess it was under the table, no receipt, just lunch money for them helping me out. They were really cool there, hope that helps.

mavdog32
10-08-2014, 02:42 PM
I weld a lot if you need it, might be cheaper to go with the above option though since I live in the Springs

jimrobbington
10-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Sweet, appreciate it. Car should be going under the knife soon, fixing a boost leak And relaxing the intake flap motor. But once she's running perfectly, I'll worry about the rattle.

mec
10-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Sweet, appreciate it. Car should be going under the knife soon, fixing a boost leak And relaxing the intake flap motor. But once she's running perfectly, I'll worry about the rattle.

I get my welding done by this guy in parker, just out of his house, he does super clean work. Only TIG's though. Also I think he doesn't work under cars. Mighty muffler or generic muffler shop might be cheapest. just a mig splotch.

boostedAvant
10-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Just a mig splotch.

This. It's going to take 15 seconds once the car is in the air.