PDA

View Full Version : a few questions about leases and that sort of mishigas

notbeal
08-28-2005, 04:02 PM
I just test drove the a3. It felt beautiful. Like everyone is saying...it drives great for FWD. The lease deal offered to me was 3K down and 500 a month. This is for 36 months and 12k miles per year. This seemed high to me as the price of the car I was looking at was just over 30K.
I am also looking at the volvo s40 T5 awd. The deal with volvo was 480 a month and 2k down for the same time period and what not. This is a 32k dollar car.
The deal that blew me away was the g35 sedan 6mt. 2k down and 400 a month. that car is also 32k dollars.
Do you think I can work down the numbers on the a3? or should I go with the volvo or the g35.
the volvo felt faster probably because it has more torque but I dont know how they actually compare. I see a lot of different numbers. I love the way they all drive and I'm kind of turned on by awd.
PS...im definately getting a manual.
thanks, tell me what to do please

J-roc
08-30-2005, 03:07 PM
I think there is a thread in this forum somewhere about leasing through Audi. Basically what it comes down to is that Audi doesn't really give lease deals, plus it is a brand new model so that doesn't help either.

tta4s4
08-31-2005, 03:12 PM
go with the Volvo . As much as I love Audi's, the S40 is the
way to go over the A3. Audi is not being aggresive in leasing the
A3 so don't bother. The Short throw of the 6spd manual of the S40 is great and actually borrows that from the 300 hsp S60R.
Forget the Infinity, very cheap inside.

R J
09-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Check into audi's balloon financing. It should be close to 300 per month for 42mo with a buy back option. I put down 10k on an A4 loaded and I pay 301 per month. I'm in Texas and pay 3.4 prevent thru audi. Good luck.