PDA

View Full Version : Working on the B8 S4 tomorrow am

Docwyte
09-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Replacing the front brake pads and rotors, tomorrow am, probably around 9-9:30.

Figured if anyone wanted to come by and check out how it's done, lmk and I'll shoot you my address.

Eldog_85
09-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Replacing the front brake pads and rotors, tomorrow am, probably around 9-9:30.

Figured if anyone wanted to come by and check out how it's done, lmk and I'll shoot you my address.

If I was in Denver I'd definitely stop by! DIY is the way to go. I hate paying someone to install or replace something on my ride.

badmk3
09-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Hey man. I know u were asking about detailing.
I sent u message thru pm
Please contact me if u r still interested
Good luck w brakes.
Lets shine up the car;)

dangerous_dave7
09-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Damn didn't see this til now. How'd it go?

Docwyte
09-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Took me about 1.5 hours and that included redoing a few things that I messed up. Forgot to completely remove one stuck on plate and put on a retaining clip.

Went out and bedded the pads in and they're making a little noise now. I'm hoping that goes away, otherwise I'll have to return these pads and get another set. I don't like my DD sounding like a garbage truck when I come up to every stop.

Alex1188
09-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Took me about 1.5 hours and that included redoing a few things that I messed up. Forgot to completely remove one stuck on plate and put on a retaining clip.

Went out and bedded the pads in and they're making a little noise now. I'm hoping that goes away, otherwise I'll have to return these pads and get another set. I don't like my DD sounding like a garbage truck when I come up to every stop.

What pads did you end up going with?

Docwyte
09-26-2014, 02:48 PM
I went with a set of Pagid/Textar pads that are supposed to be very similar to the OEM Audi compound. With the way they're making noise I'm skeptical tho.

Alex1188
09-26-2014, 02:57 PM
I went with a set of Pagid/Textar pads that are supposed to be very similar to the OEM Audi compound. With the way they're making noise I'm skeptical tho.

Are they suppose to produce less dust? Im getting close to need to change mine on my B8 A4 and want something that produces less dust so im not having to keep my silver wheels from turning black every 5 days lol

Docwyte
09-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Not really. I'm not a fan of the "dustless" pads, I've found they have crappy feel and low torque. I'd rather be able to stop, soap is cheap, bodywork isn't.