PDA

View Full Version : picked up the RS from Berg this morning

bshanna
09-25-2014, 11:23 AM
They were awesome as always. Thanks Berg!

The car sounds freaking amazing. Pretty impossible to describe or get on video. Amazingly with 'S' off it's not much louder than stock. With 'S' on it sounds like a freaking Ferrari V8. It's parked in the garage at denver place (18th and curtis) and i will be going down to DU later today for some job fair thing if anyone wants to meet up to check it out (be done around 6-7).

bret

dangerous_dave7
09-25-2014, 11:29 AM

The car sounds freaking amazing. Pretty impossible to describe or get on video. Amazingly with 'S' off it's not much louder than stock. With 'S' on it sounds like a freaking Ferrari V8. It's parked in the garage at denver place (18th and curtis) and i will be going down to DU later today for some job fair thing if anyone wants to meet up to check it out (be done around 6-7).

bret

Was that your car that got the Capristo I take it? I saw it on their FB

mec
09-25-2014, 11:43 AM

bret

I just so happen to live at DU :) I'm down to meet up.

zachf88
09-25-2014, 11:50 AM
why couldn't it be tomorrow morning?! I'll be at Berg at 9.... anyway, definitely want to hear it. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend.

Denker
09-25-2014, 11:57 AM
May have to set up camp outside the parking garage exit...

badmk3
09-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Sweet bret..hope it still looks shiny;)
Aaron and jeff are awesome

HighAltitudeRS4
09-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Did you pull the trigger on the Capristo setup on the RS4? If so - well done! Looks and sounds gorgeous. Would love to see the finished product in person.

I'm parked in the garage at 15th and Wynkoop during work week days/hours.

bshanna
09-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Was that your car that got the Capristo I take it? I saw it on their FB

yup that was my car. you guys sure were pushy for videos lol.

I just so happen to live at DU :) I'm down to meet up.

Cool i'll be around the business school.

why couldn't it be tomorrow morning?! I'll be at Berg at 9.... anyway, definitely want to hear it. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend.

LOL yeah the car is not there anymore. But i'll be driving the car to and from the office daily until the weather turns now. Let me know if you want to meet up down town some time.

I also live in city park for anyone who wants to swing by.

dang lots more replies since i started this :P

bshanna
09-25-2014, 01:42 PM
May have to set up camp outside the parking garage exit...

lol you seem close enough we should just meet up - maybe tomorrow?

Sweet bret..hope it still looks shiny;)
Aaron and jeff are awesome

Sadly it's a mess right now :( Berg had to move it around when not working on it so it's been rained on and all that. i'll clean it up saturday though, it's mostly been in the shop since you worked on it :)

Did you pull the trigger on the Capristo setup on the RS4? If so - well done! Looks and sounds gorgeous. Would love to see the finished product in person.

I'm parked in the garage at 15th and Wynkoop during work week days/hours.

Thanks! I picked it up used (with no control module) - i got your PM, i'll shoot you a text.

Denker
09-25-2014, 02:13 PM
lol you seem close enough we should just meet up - maybe tomorrow?

Well, I would have to walk all the way across the street and all. [:D]

I only work 1/2 day on Fridays so anytime in the morning would be awesome! I'd love to hear it in more than a "revving whilst parked" situation as we all know that's just a big 'ol tease. PM me and let me know what your schedule allows.

HighAltitudeRS4
09-25-2014, 02:28 PM
That car sounds AWESOME!!

bshanna
09-25-2014, 05:32 PM
hey any/everyone - i'm at DU - text me if you want to meet up

mec
09-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Ahh damn I just saw this, totally missed you.

DOCEVG
09-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Alright, bshanna. You, HighaltitudeRS4, zach88 and me need to have a Lodo RS4 mini-gtg soon, maybe in a Coors Field parking lot. And mec, Denker, and d_d 7 came come too. Also gotta have Juan, seeing as he was dumping on my paint (I'd give it a 5 out of 10") the other day.

bshanna
09-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Well, I would have to walk all the way across the street and all. [:D]

I only work 1/2 day on Fridays so anytime in the morning would be awesome! I'd love to hear it in more than a "revving whilst parked" situation as we all know that's just a big 'ol tease. PM me and let me know what your schedule allows.

A bit harder to do more than a parking rev down town... If you have a little more time we can go for a drive or something? i'm pretty open before 11 tomorrow.

Ahh damn I just saw this, totally missed you.

yeah i kinda dropped the ball on communication there - sorry about that..

Alright, bshanna. You, HighaltitudeRS4, zach88 and me need to have a Lodo RS4 mini-gtg soon, maybe in a Coors Field parking lot. And mec, Denker, and d_d 7 came come too. Also gotta have Juan, seeing as he was dumping on my paint (I'd give it a 5 out of 10") the other day.

Sounds like fun. I'm either really busy or really open depending on the day. But with a little heads up can usually find time.

badmk3
09-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Hahah..is that you davis? I wasnt dumping on it..I said it was a 5 on the swirl meter...as opposed to 10!! Dont worry most cars are 4-6

Pics of the rs4 meet.:)

Denker
09-26-2014, 08:43 AM
bshanna - I'm free at 10am... doubled up that info in a PM I sent.

Denker
09-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Welp, just got hear it on a quick loop through town. It's perfect. I can't wipe the smile off my face now. [drool]

Pleasure meeting you and thanks again for the ride. [hail]

mec
09-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Hahah..is that you davis? I wasnt dumping on it..I said it was a 5 on the swirl meter...as opposed to 10!! Dont worry most cars are 4-6

Pics of the rs4 meet.:)

I'm an 8 on the swirlometer - how toast am i?

bshanna
09-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Welp, just got hear it on a quick loop through town. It's perfect. I can't wipe the smile off my face now. [drool]

Pleasure meeting you and thanks again for the ride. [hail]

Thanks man, i agree it is exactly what i was hoping for. The video is good but doesn't do it justice -- especially at WOT.

HighAltitudeRS4
09-26-2014, 01:44 PM

Sounds fun - Coors Field parking lot by the Breck Brewery for a hello and a beer. Next week anyone?

mec
09-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Sounds fun - Coors Field parking lot by the Breck Brewery for a hello and a beer. Next week anyone?

I'm game!

seal66
09-26-2014, 04:27 PM
what time next week

DOCEVG
09-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Good location, but turns out I'll be out of town for much of next week, so... carry on.

mec
09-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Good location, but turns out I'll be out of town for much of next week, so... carry on.

hmm we could always reschedule

wot_quattro
09-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Either way, I'll join!

HighAltitudeRS4
09-27-2014, 02:03 PM
hmm we could always reschedule

No problem rescheduling. Worth the wait to get as many together as possible.

mec
09-27-2014, 09:42 PM
How would you guys feel about a cruise? Maybe do some driving up to silverthorne on of these sundays before snow falls, grab lunch at the dillon dam brewery in silverthorne, hang out for a bit, and cruise back?

MarcusDubya77
09-27-2014, 10:00 PM
mec.. your youtube video is fuk!n hilarious..... How well do the RSes track at altitude? I never had the chance. Hope too when I get back.. I wounded what an 11.5-.7 RS4 at sea level will do at altitude? Does anyone know if Bandimere is higher than PPIR?

mec
09-27-2014, 10:25 PM
mec.. your youtube video is fuk!n hilarious..... How well do the RSes track at altitude? I never had the chance. Hope too when I get back.. I wounded what an 11.5-.7 RS4 at sea level will do at altitude? Does anyone know if Bandimere is higher than PPIR?

Thanks :) No clue, I've been asking but it seems none of the local rs4's have gone.

Bandimere is 500 ft higher, couldn't find much about DA at PPIR though. I've never been but I seem to recall someone telling me that they only have an 1/8th mi dragstrip, and they don't do test and tune every wednesday like bandimere does :)

When do you get back?

MarcusDubya77
09-27-2014, 11:06 PM
280 days! Can't wait..This island is soooo f*ckin tiny..Main mode of transportation is bike.. 3.5mi long x 700 yds wide..

mec
09-27-2014, 11:12 PM
280 days! Can't wait..This island is soooo f*ckin tiny..Main mode of transportation is bike.. 3.5mi long x 700 yds wide..

Is the Rs4 over there? sounds like you can't even get it up to speed on an island that small

bshanna
09-27-2014, 11:15 PM
mec i might take you up on the bandimere test and tune, although tonight i threw a code that i haven't had a chance to diagnose.

MarcusDubya77
09-28-2014, 02:47 AM
Is the Rs4 over there? sounds like you can't even get it up to speed on an island that small
Not even close. It has been having various things done to it until I get back. JHM S/Ced it and its about to get bagged. No cars here but good ole' Army issue. Hell, my Econoline van here has never seen above 25. Worst performing low mileage van w/ 2500 miles since its not allowed to open up....

mec
09-28-2014, 07:31 AM
mec i might take you up on the bandimere test and tune, although tonight i threw a code that i haven't had a chance to diagnose.

I'll be in Denver tonight if you need vcds.

Not even close. It has been having various things done to it until I get back. JHM S/Ced it and its about to get bagged. No cars here but good ole' Army issue. Hell, my Econoline van here has never seen above 25. Worst performing low mileage van w/ 2500 miles since its not allowed to open up....

Sounds like you should slap some turbos on that van! Fwd burnouts for days

bshanna
09-28-2014, 03:48 PM
thanks, i pulled em last night. looks downpipe related to me. oddly both rich and lean.

Sunday,28,September,2014,00:41:22:49420
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator
VCDS Version: Release 12.12.0 (x64)
Data version: 20130910

Dealer/Shop Name: banana

Mileage: 38780km-24096mi Repair Order:

Mode 03: Emission related fault codes

Address 7E8: 1 Fault Found:
P2096 - Post-Catalyst Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Correction; Bank 1: Too Lean

Address 7EA: 1 Fault Found:
P2198 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B2 S1: Signal too High (Rich)

looked like the P2198 at 38718km and p2096 at 38721km