PDA

View Full Version : Another S6 thread

wizern23
09-10-2014, 08:03 PM
I have a 2007 Audi S6 with 93k miles that is intermittently having rough idle at start up. The car either shakes or it revs the engine up and down. The P0639 error code is for the 2nd throttle body actuator. I haven't had a chance to hook the car up to a vag-com or vcds yet. the EPS, Traction Control, and MIL lights are all on and the car is stuck in limp mode. Besides for carbon buildup, what else could be causing these problems? Coil packs or spark plugs maybe? the car runs and starts perfectly fine when the eps/epc light is off.

sorry for another thread about limp mode but i didnt want to jack another thread since i have another issue as well.

v8a6
09-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I would say a good start would be to pull all the codes with Vagcom and post them.

If you are having multiple issues, it may be a good idea to take it to a qualified shop take a look

Dave01.5Afour
09-11-2014, 09:02 AM
The throttle body code causes limp mode. You'll have to fix that to get out of lip mode. The throttle body is probably fine...inspect the wires at the connection to the throttle body. I bet their splitting or broken.

wizern23
09-11-2014, 09:02 PM
yea so it got to the point where the car would not accelerate today so i cut the car off and then switched it to the on position for a few minutes. i then went under the hood and started wiggling some of the wires and lines around the 2nd throttle body and got the car to start back up and accelerate in limp mode. after a few minutes the car came out of limp mode and hasnt gone back in all day long. the car only has trouble starting while in limp mode. otherwise i thinks its a pretty normal start with possible carbon buildup.