PDA

View Full Version : Old face, new car

EMAXX
09-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Hey guys,

Some of you may remember me, some people joined after I left.

I've had a B7 Audi A4 for the 6 1/2 years and finally decided that it was time to upgrade.

Just placed an order with Prestige for:

2015 Audi S4 Premium Plus
Quattro, 6MT
Sepang Blue
Black/Magma Napa leather
Technology Package
B&O System
Sport Differential, rear
Supercharged Badges

Expecting it to be here by the end of January.[evilsmile]

Cheers,
Eugene

mec
09-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Woooo glad to see you come back, did you sell the truck?

EMAXX
09-04-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm making an ad to put it up on Craigslist. If I can't sell in by the time the car comes, I might decide to trade it in, but that will be a last resort.

EMAXX
11-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Car has landed in Houston! Being told it should be here by mid next week! I'll post pictures when it lands.

TimNGobbles
11-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Such a pretty and rare color, I am excited to see it

Emaxx, Here is a video for your avatar to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v98CPXNiSk

Also found this photo of all the less common blues from Audi Nagoro Blue, Estoril Blue and Sepang Blue
http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/audi-rs7-triplets-nagoro-blue-estoril-blue-and-sepang-blue_12.jpg

EMAXX
11-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Such a pretty and rare color, I am excited to see it

Also found this photo of all the less common blues from Audi Nagoro Blue, Estoril Blue and Sepang Blue
[IMG]http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/audi-rs7-triplets-nagoro-blue-estoril-blue-and-sepang-blue_12.jpg[IMG]

I may be a little bias, but form that picture, the Sepang Blue looks amazing. Estoril Blue on the Audi's look great in natural sunlight, and Nogaro looks great on the B5, but on the new lines, I think it looks a little weird.

mec
11-13-2014, 11:43 AM
the anticipation must be killing you!

papadelogan
11-13-2014, 12:15 PM
In 6-1/2 years you must have a bunch of upgrades, etc. - any "extras" that may come available if it comes down to a trade-in?

EMAXX
11-13-2014, 02:54 PM
the anticipation must be killing you!

It gets worse and worse by the day. When I ordered it, they originally told me a delivery date of end of December, beginning of January. Once I found out it was sooner, it's got me all excited. Truck is still in Texas and hasn't moved yet...

In 6-1/2 years you must have a bunch of upgrades, etc. - any "extras" that may come available if it comes down to a trade-in?

The A4 is actually being handed down to my little brother to drive while he attends college. Trading or selling the vehicle is just not worth a whole lot and it's worth more to me to just keep it.

EMAXX
11-20-2014, 04:22 PM
She's finally arrived!!!

Haven't really had a ton of time to drive the car or take pictures, but I promise I will.

First impressions, the sound synthesizer is kind of annoying. Makes the engine sound a little louder than it really is.

The Google Map navigation is amazing. It gives you a 3D map of where you're at and where you are going, with traffic information, speed limits, rivers, and even the elevation of the area that you're at. Very detailed, but being that it's on 3G, it's a little slow and takes some time to buffer if you're moving between different areas. Really nice that you get it free for 6 months. :thumbsup2:

The car will also rev match for you now when you're down shifting, and if you do it yourself, it'll give you a little more throttle if you need it. I've only put 8 miles on the car, so I'll add more as I figure stuff out.

Car is getting clear bra tomorrow and will drive more and get some better pictures then.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj157/EMAXX_2008/Mobile%20Uploads/20141120_122716_zpsm6g2t2v8.jpg

mec
11-20-2014, 05:50 PM
wow that looks so gooooooood....jealous.

Where are you working nowadays? Still doing the landscape thing?

EMAXX
11-20-2014, 08:00 PM
wow that looks so gooooooood....jealous.

Where are you working nowadays? Still doing the landscape thing?

I'm actually selling cars, still at the Buick GMC dealership that I started with. I sold the landscape business off to a buddy who's still working it.

Thanks, Martin!

SomeDayAS4
11-20-2014, 09:00 PM
hmmm
the red on the interior looks out of place to me. love the exterior color though.[:d]

does need moar low [>_<]

EMAXX
11-21-2014, 08:09 PM
I love the red. It's just subtle enough. When you see it in person, its different as well. I'll be coming out to some more meets now, as long as I can get off work.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj157/EMAXX_2008/Mobile%20Uploads/6649_zpsu0j57lrr.jpeg

I honestly don't know if I want to lower it a whole lot more. I have some H&R OE springs in my bedroom that'll go on once it gets nice outside, and a few other parts that I'll start to throw on as I get used to the vehicle's dynamics and get "bored" with how it drives.

mec
11-21-2014, 09:40 PM
I love it, the car looks great! I bet it drives great too!

EMAXX
11-22-2014, 08:43 PM
I love it, the car looks great! I bet it drives great too!

Thanks, Martin!

The drive is amazing. Having driven a GMC Sierra pickup truck for the past year an a half, it's a pretty nice and welcome change.

The only complaint I have about the car so far is the steering. I'm not a big fan of the electric steering. It feels fake. At slow speeds, it really doesn't do anything and gives you no feel at all. At high speeds, the steering really does shine. Other than that, I'm constantly grinning from ear to ear every time I'm driving the vehicle.

AudiTFSI3o3
11-22-2014, 10:05 PM
dude congrats!! hope to see you around Denver and or any meets!

EMAXX
11-23-2014, 06:55 AM
dude congrats!! hope to see you around Denver and or any meets!

Thanks, Joe! I would love to see your car in person to get a good look at the Enlaes stuff that you have on the vehicle.

AudiTFSI3o3
11-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Thanks, Joe! I would love to see your car in person to get a good look at the Enlaes stuff that you have on the vehicle.

yeah we definitely need to get our cars together lol

hows breaking her in?

EMAXX
11-23-2014, 12:27 PM
yeah we definitely need to get our cars together lol

hows breaking her in?

Getting our cars together is going to be dangerous for me. I told myself that I would hold off for at least a year before I modify this one. That's probably not going to happen.

Break in is going well. Have a little bit over 300 miles on it already and should be close to 1,000 by the end of Thanksgiving when I go home and everything.

When are all the meets around the Denver area?