PDA

View Full Version : 3.0t with tune

Zeusfuess
08-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Who has one? Which one do you have? What about do you love? What do you hate? My head hurts from reading up on revo vs apr vs giac ! Would love to be able to ride along in a tuned car before I drop the $$$

100Daily
08-31-2014, 05:17 AM
This is all I know

http://youtu.be/RkQ5DEX317U

Spaghetti
08-31-2014, 08:55 AM
I don't own a 3.0T. But have ridden in plenty that were tuned. My friend and past co-worker at Audi Tampa has a stage 2 (tune and pulley) S5 and the thing pulls like a freight train. He's running APR.

Out of all the different software companies I've run in the past on various cars. I feel APR was the most well rounded. Smooth and powerful.

Sent from my iPhone while riding in the passenger seat at a low rate of speed... Because I'm slammed.

EMAXX
08-31-2014, 04:51 PM
The main thing, like you see in a majority of the posts, just go with the tune that's closest to you.

Being in the Denver area, that makes it a little more difficult since there are quite a few different places around us. I just got online and read which shops had the best reviews. Avalon had some great reviews back in 2009 and every I went in there, Brian treated me really well. Whether I was buying a $100 part, or spending quite a bit more. I ended up with the APR and will probably stick with them through all of my vehicles.

Zeusfuess
08-31-2014, 08:15 PM
This is exactally what is making the decision so hard. Several shops with glowing reviews are close. They all carry different products. They all feel the one they sell is best.

TimNGobbles
09-02-2014, 09:55 AM
This is exactally what is making the decision so hard. Several shops with glowing reviews are close. They all carry different products. They all feel the one they sell is best.

In the end all the tunes will be close to the same end point. Pick the two closest shops to you, go in and meet the owner and go with the one you get the best feel from. Picking a mechanic is a very personal thing. For some people price is the number one issue. For others the best care possible is the number one issue. For others hours and ease of appointment are the number one issue.

Just remember, if price is all you care about then expect to give up on some other items, the lowest cost doesn't always turn out to be the best value.

naudinate
09-02-2014, 10:21 AM
well stasis is out of business...for good.

APR has an awesome tune for that car making nice power, The stage 2 APR pulley upgrade and tune is eye opening.