PDA

View Full Version : in desparate need of some local help, Vag-Com and/or some input. please :)

GuyFawkes
08-30-2014, 08:48 AM
Hello good people of audizine, Denver and rockies area

So I just moved to Denver a couple months back, and this freaking thing just happen to me yesterday. I was driving and my gas pedal just stopped doing anything, more info at the link below. So ppl say that I should get the vag com to see if there are any error codes I can go off. So please if you have some ideas let me know, or if you have a vag com that you don't mind running on my broken down baby. You can reach me at 646 413 2040 -Alex.

The link>> http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/613542-Driving-down-a-highway-and-my-gas-pedal-just-stopped-responding-((((((

trj
09-12-2014, 09:04 AM
I saw your thread.
Sounds like a battery/alternator issue to me. Get the battery and alternator tested. Try a new/working battery for a day or two. Someone might have an extra battery laying around. Electrical issues are the hardest to diagnose. Hell, go to costco and buy a battery if you have to. And if you don't need it just return it. I recently bought a B7 and don't know much about audi's. But my other car, a BMW from same vintage, showed exact symptoms when battery was starting to die. Changed the battery and no more problems.
These cars are very particular about the current they see. If the new battery shows the same symptoms, and your alternator is tested good, you have obvious nick in electrical lines.
How are the drive belts/pulleys?
Any after market wiring done?
Or may be retrofits where you tapped/spliced into wires?
Whats the history/repair history of the car?

And Subaru's are colorado's favorite car but no where close to comfort of a german car. If you buy a used car, you are bound to chase some ghost issue unless you buy something with full warranty. I would try to fix the car at hand first. If anything I learnt from owning 2 BMWs and this audi, these cars are super reliable if you maintain them. My other car has 185k miles and I don't hesitate to take road trips in it. In fact that is my goto car for longer drives, thats how much I trust that car. Good luck Guy.

GuyFawkes
04-18-2015, 04:29 PM
I know late reply but I guess it's worth saying that it was the coil harness. It cracked up right behind the coil connectors, and the bold wires were shorting. Since than, I have temporarily electric taped the wires sererately untill the replacement harness came. 😊

papadelogan
04-20-2015, 07:52 AM
Glad you found the issue and have a permanent fix on the way. You might want to update your location as well; it still shows Riverdale, NY. Welcome to CO!!

GuyFawkes
04-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Ohh lol right. Thanks :)

GuyFawkes
04-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Ohh and BTW i've got a VAG now so if you saw this thread and need some help shoot me a PM