PDA

View Full Version : winter wheels question 08 s6

kkr
08-29-2014, 10:31 PM
hi

i have a set of 18 inch winter wheels for for 08 s6 - dealer said the wheel that was losing air has a hairline crack of some sort - i don't like the design of the wheels either.

i need advice on which 18 inch wheels (used the winter tires only one season ~3k) would be a good choice - oem at dealer too expensive - $2k for a set of 4 wheels

thx

Quattrocentric
08-30-2014, 04:20 AM
hi

i have a set of 18 inch winter wheels for for 08 s6 - dealer said the wheel that was losing air has a hairline crack of some sort - i don't like the design of the wheels either.

i need advice on which 18 inch wheels (used the winter tires only one season ~3k) would be a good choice - oem at dealer too expensive - $2k for a set of 4 wheels

thx

I like 5 spoke wheels because they're easier to clear snow from them, and keep them clean in winter. I use my oem sline wheels on my A6, they're also stronger for the inevitable winter potholes.
Check the classifieds here, and also Craigslist - people are always upgrading and getting rid of stock wheels, sometimes pretty cheaply. Remember to check bolt pattern (5x112) and hub bore sizes, our cars are 57.1mm, newer audis are 66.6mm, so you will have to get hub centric rings if you want to run newer wheels.

Yvan
08-30-2014, 05:11 PM
I will be swapping wheels every season... set of Blizzaks on the winters and some Michellin's on the summers. You can definitely find sets cheaper than 2k