PDA

View Full Version : RS6 V10 break discs - worn out after less than 5,000 kms

rakham007
08-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Hello,

I did change the 4 discs and pads in May, and after driving 4500 kms, i had vibrations + car not breaking straight. I came back to the Audi dealer in Germany who did the job and verdict was: discs are off tolerance limits. They changed the all discs and pads.
After less than 5,000 kms,ihave the same problem.

This is my 3rd set of discs, and i never experienced any problem before when changing the discs. All break jobs were done at Audi dealer. By surfing on different forums, i did discover that at least 1 RS6 C7 and 2 other RS6 C6 have had a similar experience in the last 3 month of discs being worn out early.

Did Audi change supplier for break discs? Have any of you recently experience something similar?

IrishCreamPuff
08-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Hello,

I did change the 4 discs and pads in May, and after driving 4500 kms, i had vibrations + car not breaking straight. I came back to the Audi dealer in Germany who did the job and verdict was: discs are off tolerance limits. They changed the all discs and pads.
After less than 5,000 kms,ihave the same problem.

This is my 3rd set of discs, and i never experienced any problem before when changing the discs. All break jobs were done at Audi dealer. By surfing on different forums, i did discover that at least 1 RS6 C7 and 2 other RS6 C6 have had a similar experience in the last 3 month of discs being worn out early.

Did Audi change supplier for break discs? Have any of you recently experience something similar?
Haven't experienced anything like that, however if it keeps happening you could try getting aftermarket brake pads and discs. Then, if it happens after that there is an issue with your car and not the supplier.

haloguy628
08-16-2014, 01:27 AM
ICP - I am pretty sure that the RS6 has the carbon disks. Gets pretty expensive changing those every 3500 miles.

IrishCreamPuff
08-16-2014, 10:21 AM
ICP - I am pretty sure that the RS6 has the carbon disks. Gets pretty expensive changing those every 3500 miles.

well seeing how carbon ceramics should almost never be changed, I'm guessing that OP has steel breaks, or the dealer would definitely say something. Because yes, at $22k a set, carbon reak disks are super expensive.