PDA

View Full Version : problems with Truphone data connection?

db123456
08-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Hey folks -- I was wondering if anyone else who's been using a Truphone SIM for MMI data connection has run into problems recently (say within the last few weeks). I haven't changed anything with my settings -- that I know of, anyway -- but I can no longer get a data connection. I still have the 3G indication on the MMI screen, but when I try to create a connection for a Google search or to check my online destinations, I consistently get an error message that the data connection isn't available. The data connection also doesn't work if I connect my phone to the car's wireless hotspot -- the phone will connect to the wireless network, but nothing will download.

Has anyone else experience issues like this recently? I'm trying to figure out whether I'm looking at a Truphone problem, an Audiconnect problem, a car problem, or some combination of the three.

Thanks.

drob23
08-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Hey folks -- I was wondering if anyone else who's been using a Truphone SIM for MMI data connection has run into problems recently (say within the last few weeks). I haven't changed anything with my settings -- that I know of, anyway -- but I can no longer get a data connection. I still have the 3G indication on the MMI screen, but when I try to create a connection for a Google search or to check my online destinations, I consistently get an error message that the data connection isn't available. The data connection also doesn't work if I connect my phone to the car's wireless hotspot -- the phone will connect to the wireless network, but nothing will download.

Has anyone else experience issues like this recently? I'm trying to figure out whether I'm looking at a Truphone problem, an Audiconnect problem, a car problem, or some combination of the three.

Thanks.

Did you double check that your APN and login info are correct? I have been getting dumped to 2g as of recent, but haven't really cared enough to troubleshoot the problem.

MYFASTA4
08-06-2014, 09:00 AM
try taking out the sim and putting it back in.

bbhbba
08-06-2014, 09:08 AM

^ This. It worked for me when that happened.

db123456
08-08-2014, 08:27 AM

I tried this, without success. This problem is pretty puzzling. I hope Audi will support the use of a non-official SIM provider, if it comes to that.

MYFASTA4
08-08-2014, 12:54 PM
The system is unlocked, they support it. Search the forum others have had similar issues