PDA

View Full Version : jhm s.s install

Mr.Audi
07-23-2014, 05:29 AM
just got mine in last week, gonna try and get it installed on sunday..

has anyone installed or is using one currently?

any DIY for issues to check for or be aware of... [wrench]

Davdraco1
07-23-2014, 05:46 AM
Aren't there video links right on there page for the install???

Cgoon009
07-23-2014, 06:58 AM
just got mine in last week, gonna try and get it installed on sunday..

has anyone installed or is using one currently?

any DIY for issues to check for or be aware of... [wrench]

I have one, I like it better then stock, but it needs adjustment every once in a while

MetalMan
07-23-2014, 07:20 AM
I have one, I like it better then stock, but it needs adjustment every once in a while

What kind of adjustment? Mine has never needed any sort of adjustment.

I've been running the JHM S.S. for a couple years now. If your car is pre-facelift, install is super easy since you would also be buying the shifter base. If facelift, there will be a little extra assembly involved but the cost is less.
IMO there's a big difference between the ebay S.S. and JHM. Definitely a worthy upgrade!
I also did the JHM solid linkage upgrade and combining that with the S.S. makes for quite nice shifting. Due to increased NVH I skipped the stabilizer bar bushing upgrade.

Cgoon009
07-23-2014, 07:28 AM
What kind of adjustment? Mine has never needed any sort of adjustment.

I've been running the JHM S.S. for a couple years now. If your car is pre-facelift, install is super easy since you would also be buying the shifter base. If facelift, there will be a little extra assembly involved but the cost is less.
IMO there's a big difference between the ebay S.S. and JHM. Definitely a worthy upgrade!
I also did the JHM solid linkage upgrade and combining that with the S.S. makes for quite nice shifting. Due to increased NVH I skipped the stabilizer bar bushing upgrade.

Hmm, Mine lost a bit of the stiffness in it after a year or so, I went back in and tightened everything back to spec and now its great. I wonder if a got the install correct?

Davdraco1
07-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Use some blue lock tite to keep it in there for good.

Also, how's the install? Pretty straight forward? How long does it take if you are mechanically inclined?

Mr.Audi
07-23-2014, 10:46 AM
the facelift install kit/parts were sent in the "kit" from them..

haven't checked the page for vids.... it did come with a walk through set of instructions, but I wanted some feedback from the forums

is the throw notchey at all??

Seerlah
07-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Yeah, never had to tinker with mine either. You have facelift or pre-facelift? Just go by their videos and you should be just fine.

Jake@JHM
07-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Let me know if you have any questions!

http://youtu.be/WBgJxDVPXFE

http://youtu.be/2-cYrmAiav4