PDA

View Full Version : Black seats, grey interior?

TahoeQuattro
07-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Hey so I have a 2000 a4 with the grey interior. The standard leather seats are shot. The passenger is ripped and the drive is not to far after that. I found a deal on Craig's for some black s4 leather seats front and rear that would just drop right in. I was curious though how everybody would think that would look/ be acceptable. Pictures would help as well. Thanks!

MetalMan
07-21-2014, 10:33 AM
s4 leather seats front and rear that would just drop right in.

Are you current seats power everything? If so then the S4 seats will drop in. If your current seats have any manual adjustments then some modifications will be needed to fit them in.

TahoeQuattro
07-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Yeah my seats are power and heated already

TahoeQuattro
07-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Are you current seats power everything? If so then the S4 seats will drop in. If your current seats have any manual adjustments then some modifications will be needed to fit them in.

Yeah my seats are power everything

GrapeBandit
07-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Yeah my seats are power and heated already

so go for it, as long as you dont mind black seats in a grey interior

TahoeQuattro
07-21-2014, 02:37 PM
so go for it, as long as you dont mind black seats in a grey interior

Yeah I was just curious if it's been done before and it would look alright

GrapeBandit
07-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Yeah I was just curious if it's been done before and it would look alright

im sure it has been done, but google search only shows grey seats in a black interior

Poopie
07-21-2014, 03:46 PM
I've seen it done. It looks ok. The grey interior is very very grey. If you painted some of the trim black and did black inserts in the doors it would look better. Also a black steering wheel.

GrapeBandit
07-21-2014, 03:47 PM
OP, pics of your interior right now[confused]

down_n_dapper
07-22-2014, 07:21 AM
I don't have a full grey interior, but started painting the pilars black along with the center console and door mouldings to give it some contrast. Black and grey do go together okay, however a big item like seats are gonna need something else painted black to help tie them into the car so they don't look too foreign.