PDA

View Full Version : GIAC Stage II for C6 A6 3.0T confirmed!

PovGRide742
07-19-2014, 05:12 AM
At the bottom of the opening post of this (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/606349-GIAC-software-specials-are-here-for-summer-2014!) thread:

Stage 2 software is ready to go. We're waiting on dyno numbers for it as none of our test cars are local to us at this time.
Excited to see numbers and how it'll compare to APR Stage II! Discuss...

Bklynjay
07-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Got the info from this http://www.giacusa.com/news_and_media/display_news.php?id=151

Our 3.0T development has lead up to this. AWE Tuning and G.I.A.C. have been relentlessly testing and re-testing (yes, and then re-testing and re-testing) our Stage 2 Performance Pulley and the accompanying G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software to ensure that it is sound, worthy of substantial performance increases and ready for the rigors of everyday driving.

Testing included everything from pushing the pulley and software to its limit at New Jersey Motorsports Park, to thousands of miles of on-street testing, as well as countless 100+ mile journeys in both the heat of summer and freezing Philadelphia winters.

Simultaneously at G.I.A.C., beta testing and torture testing was taking place to ensure durability and functionality. A bi-coastal R&D undertaking.

Now, for the moment you’ve all been waiting for

Let’s get to the power. It is good. Our in house AWE Tuning S4 produced 488 crank HP on race fuel. Daily driving power is equally impressive.

In summary: 488 crank horsepower, 430 crank tq on 100 octane.

Performance Pulley Suite

The AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley suite is as follows:

AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley Kit + G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software

-Includes AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley Kit (Pulley, Belt, Related Hardware, no removal tool) and G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software. [$1749.]

AWE Tuning Stage-2 Upgrade: Stage 2 Performance Pulley Kit and G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software - Pulley Kit and Software package combination for those who already have G.I.A.C. 3.0T Stage 1 Performance Software [$549.]

AWE Tuning 3.0T Pulley Removal Tool – Just the tool itself. Pulley and Software not included [$219]

ichi d
07-20-2014, 10:51 PM
so when is this out im ready to jump ship now. good bye apr.

PovGRide742
07-24-2014, 04:35 AM
Got the info from this http://www.giacusa.com/news_and_media/display_news.php?id=151

Our 3.0T development has lead up to this. AWE Tuning and G.I.A.C. have been relentlessly testing and re-testing (yes, and then re-testing and re-testing) our Stage 2 Performance Pulley and the accompanying G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software to ensure that it is sound, worthy of substantial performance increases and ready for the rigors of everyday driving.

Testing included everything from pushing the pulley and software to its limit at New Jersey Motorsports Park, to thousands of miles of on-street testing, as well as countless 100+ mile journeys in both the heat of summer and freezing Philadelphia winters.

Simultaneously at G.I.A.C., beta testing and torture testing was taking place to ensure durability and functionality. A bi-coastal R&D undertaking.

Now, for the moment youíve all been waiting for

Letís get to the power. It is good. Our in house AWE Tuning S4 produced 488 crank HP on race fuel. Daily driving power is equally impressive.

In summary: 488 crank horsepower, 430 crank tq on 100 octane.

Performance Pulley Suite

The AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley suite is as follows:

AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley Kit + G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software

-Includes AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley Kit (Pulley, Belt, Related Hardware, no removal tool) and G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software. [$1749.]

AWE Tuning Stage-2 Upgrade: Stage 2 Performance Pulley Kit and G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software - Pulley Kit and Software package combination for those who already have G.I.A.C. 3.0T Stage 1 Performance Software [$549.]

AWE Tuning 3.0T Pulley Removal Tool Ė Just the tool itself. Pulley and Software not included [$219]
Unfortunately this doesn't tell us much more than we already know. If you reference APRs website, you'll see the A6 will make much less power, and the same will be for GIAC... for obvious reasons I don't need to get into. Pricing will probably be the same though.

dltl
07-24-2014, 07:11 AM
Spoke to the guys who did my Stage I and Austin is just waiting for two more cars to do the Stage II and run some dynos. I'm glad they're not just throwing the software out there without doing additional testing and dyno runs. I'm tee-ed up, with the pulley already ordered, to get the Stage II whenever Austin does what he needs to do to sign off on the Stage II software. Just be patient guys!

prm
09-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Anything new regarding the release of the stage 2 for us that have
the A6 3.0T ..

/P

Nefarious
09-09-2014, 08:21 AM
I spoke with Austin at a local show last weekend. They've been swamped and are hoping to get back to it in a month or two.

broker23
09-10-2014, 07:09 AM
I couldn't wait for stage two so I got a new toy

http://i57.tinypic.com/vdnu3l.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/141uxpc.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/do9lcx.jpg

SinCityA6
09-11-2014, 06:52 AM
Nice Vette. Did the A6 get traded?

brekdown29
09-11-2014, 01:35 PM
so when is this out im ready to jump ship now. good bye apr.

how come? There is an APR dealer near me who I was considering having do the pulley and flash stage 2 upgrade...

broker23
09-13-2014, 02:53 AM
Nice Vette. Did the A6 get traded?
Thanks Nope just a new toy

dltl
09-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Anybody live down in Southern CA (Irvine) area that is willing to have GIAC do the flash and run the dynos? They need one or two more cars to dyno with this new Stage II flash before they release it...

brekdown29
09-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Shoot I'll drive over from Phoenix if they comp the flash. Oh wait, I still need the pulley don't I?![:D]

FL C6 Avant
09-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Shoot I'll drive over from Phoenix if they comp the flash. Oh wait, I still need the pulley don't I?![:D]

do it, before the floodwaters close I-10.....

Nefarious
09-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Anybody live down in Southern CA (Irvine) area that is willing to have GIAC do the flash and run the dynos? They need one or two more cars to dyno with this new Stage II flash before they release it...

As I posted earlier. I'm already talking with them and they are a few months away from having the time.

A4DK
09-17-2014, 09:51 PM

Hmm 6 hours drive. Are they comping flash and pulley?

brekdown29
09-18-2014, 09:15 AM
As I posted earlier. I'm already talking with them and they are a few months away from having the time.

So what else do you know? [:)]

For stage 2 will only the flash and smaller pulley be required? Will they be providing a pulley kit when it's released? Are we talking about a couple months for release or more like 6-12 months out?

Sorry, just very eager to have other options available aside from APR and Revo now that I found a great shop that is in process of signing up as a GIAC dealer.

prm
01-13-2015, 12:29 PM
So any new progress regarding the stage 2 for us ...

Bklynjay
02-03-2015, 09:05 PM
So any new progress regarding the stage 2 for us ...

So they said 5/2014 working on it and close to it.

Now someone in 9/2014 said they are swamped and get back to it in a couple of months.

It has been 4 months later and yet no update. At least ANY update. Working on it or just say NO, we won't invest on it. Stuck on Stage I it seems for us C6/C6.5.

Sigh ....

ichi d
02-03-2015, 10:31 PM
i was about to jump ship but couldn't wait any longer that's why i just went a head and did stage 2 with apr when they had their sale. i think revo has a stage 2 out also.

SupremePower
02-06-2015, 10:46 AM
We can get the stage 2 :) PM for details!

PovGRide742
02-08-2015, 06:18 AM
PMd...

PovGRide742
02-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Figured I should let everyone know... AWE-Tuning has confirmed Stage II w/ Pulley is available for the C6.5 A6 3.0T.

s4chiro
02-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Figured I should let everyone know... AWE-Tuning has confirmed Stage II w/ Pulley is available for the C6.5 A6 3.0T.

now they need to come up with an exhaust for the C6!!

ichi d
02-09-2015, 01:29 PM
whats the power figures like?

PovGRide742
02-10-2015, 05:52 AM
I ordered yesterday from Michael Romano at AWE. Will be installing the pulley myself and driving up to AWE to have the flash performed. May take a bit to have all that performed.

I did email him this morning asking for power figures (if available), and whether or not a transmission tune through GIAC and an exhaust through them (AWE) is available.

I will keep you guys updated.

Ynnekdude
02-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Would love a TCU Tune and full exhaust. Hopefully we can generate enough demand and make it happen.

Is program switching available? If so, I'd consider switching over to GIAC.

PovGRide742
02-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Program switching is available via Flash Loader.

No power figures as AWE has not put one on their dyno and the testing was done out west.

When I go in for the flash they will check my transmission to see if a flash is available.

AWE only offers exhaust for the C7 A6 3.0T... not the C6.5.

s4chiro
02-13-2015, 07:48 AM
are they offering a race gas option? I'm about to add APR's race gas file pretty soon

PovGRide742
02-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Honestly I didn't think to ask. I'm planning on putting on the pulley Sunday if I feel like braving the cold. If I do I'll ask him when I call Monday to set up an appointment for the flash.

ichi d
02-13-2015, 10:38 PM
dyno it before and after. im going to dyno my car in the spring to get real numbers on apr. this should be good.

PovGRide742
02-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Did that back in the day shortly after I got my B5 S4 and went from stock to GIAC Stage I. Inquired about using their dyno a few years ago since going Stage III and they only use it for R&D now.

A better test would be to get both a GIAC Stage II and an APR Stage II on the same dyno at the same time.