PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

BOOSTADCT
07-16-2014, 07:50 PM
So I parked my car in the garage last Tuesday so that I could do some suspension work. When I went to start the car on friday it would not start. I found out the the fuel pump was not kicking on so we investigated that issue and found that the pump and everything are fine. The issue that I am having now is that the injectors are not working and the fuel pump is still not engaging. Replaced Camshaft Position Sensor and still nothing. I am wondering if anyone on Audizine has had the same problem and what they figured out. Also does anyone know the location of the ground for the ECM.

Thanks in advance

Corrado_Guy
07-16-2014, 09:58 PM
I guess the most basic question would be what do you own?

BOOSTADCT
07-17-2014, 06:32 AM
2001 1.8t quattro

fed0ra
07-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Check the fuse for the fuel pump (don't remember which one it is but its on the panel on the driver's side of the dash). If the fuse is good then I would recommend replacing the fuel pump relay (gray box plugged in under the dash, below the steering wheel) as those can go bad. The fuse may also have come loose, that happened to me once. I reseated it and it never gave me a problem again.

The fuse, if broken, will cost a buck or two; the relay, if broken, will cost maybe $50 from a dealership and maybe a little less if you buy it online.

BOOSTADCT
07-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Ok I will be looking into that whwn I get home

woolveren
07-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Check the fuse for the fuel pump (don't remember which one it is but its on the panel on the driver's side of the dash).

Fuse #28

BOOSTADCT
07-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Fuses all checked out I will have my vagcom tomorrow so hope to narrow it down

BOOSTADCT
07-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Check the fuse for the fuel pump (don't remember which one it is but its on the panel on the driver's side of the dash). If the fuse is good then I would recommend replacing the fuel pump relay (gray box plugged in under the dash, below the steering wheel) as those can go bad. The fuse may also have come loose, that happened to me once. I reseated it and it never gave me a problem again.

The fuse, if broken, will cost a buck or two; the relay, if broken, will cost maybe $50 from a dealership and maybe a little less if you buy it online.

Figured out issue. Ended up being a wire that was suppose to have constant power to the ECM was broke. Replaced and back on the road