PDA

View Full Version : I finally got JHM TUNE FOR v8 S5!!!!

flyfishing
06-20-2014, 02:26 PM
After 3 years or so of bugging JHM and waiting, I finally got my JHM tune for my 2009 Audi S5. I had it done at my good friend Michael Brink's shop at Brink Motorsports: http://brinkmotorsports.com He is an Audi/VW/Porsche mechanic and an authorized JHM and APR dealer in Austin, TX.

Anyhow, the tune took less than 30 minutes. All they do is hook up your car to a computer and they log onto JHM server and input some info about your car and the computer and internet take over and your car gets a new tune. They call it a "burn." My car is a manual and has an AWE hi flow intake and a Miltek exhaust. Before the tune, I drove my car hard to remember what it felt like. My observations are non-scientific, but here is what I felt and noticed:

- Throttle response is like night and day. I hit the gas and the car goes with a lot less lag. I'm not used to it so I actually drive a lot jerkier. In gears 1-3, it is very noticeable.
- Car feels a lot faster b/c of the better throttle response. I feel like I am pushed into my seat more so I feel more power. JHM doesn't release dyno changes, but it certainly feels like more power. I can only gauge it on how I feel pushed into the seat.
- I had a carbon clean on my car about 10k miles ago (at 35k) and this tune is much more noticeable than a carbon clean.
- No idea if there is a change in gas mileage for the better or worse, but who cares. I will prob see dec gas mileage b/c I will floor it more. I actually drive this car a lot less because I have a beast B5 S4 that makes way more power and is lighter. I really wanted this tune b/c it would make me more interested in driving this car.
- I had a bunch of VAG COM mods and it does not appear to wipe or reset your VAG COM mods.

Prior to getting this tune, JHM wanted me to run a VAG com scan of my car and email certain logs to see if my engine revision matched what tunes they had I assume. Then one day, I just hear from Mike Brink that they have a tune for my car.

I've just had this tune for a couple hours, but my car certainly feels different and faster and feels like a new car to me which is what I wanted. If you have been wanting this tune, I'd suggest you find your nearest JHM dealer and get it. Or maybe call JHM and bug them for a tune for your car if for some reason they don't have it!

BTW, there was a s7 at my friend's shop with a stage 1 APR tune, new air intake and a custom titanium exhaust that my buddy had fabricated. OH MAN, that thing is a beast. I think he said it makes 560 HP. It was faaaaaaassssst. That's gonna be my next car hopefully soon!

AirmattRS5
06-20-2014, 04:08 PM
I hope the method of payment was in the form of donuts and beer if no conclusive data/dyno chart were presented.

Jake@JHM
06-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Great review! We are glad you are enjoying it!!

blackluna
06-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I need one too for my S5!!!

flyfishing
06-21-2014, 07:41 PM
So day 1 into having this tune. I felt like I was learning to drive stick again this morning b/c I didn't expect the power and my car jerked along in first gear. I drove it hard again today and it still feels like a different car. Definitely more power. I PMed another guy that got a tune here to see what his dyno is. I am curious to see what his power gains are, but I know there is a power gain b/c it launches so much harder. I feel myself being pushed into my seat when I floor my b5, but not this car until today and yesterday. It def feels a lot better. I wanna get the high flow downpipes, but the labor for that is high b/c they gotta pull the transmission! Maybe I'll just wait for the S/C :)

nickbischoff
10-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Great review! We are glad you are enjoying it!!

So when will this be released to the public. I know you guys have been in the works for a couple years now, do you guys have an ETA yet?

Jake@JHM
10-02-2014, 02:28 PM
So when will this be released to the public. I know you guys have been in the works for a couple years now, do you guys have an ETA yet?

Should actually be real soon here. We have made a lot of progress lately.

S5xy
10-02-2014, 06:14 PM
So...feels like Sprint Booster? Can't wait to see dyno charts, even though they don't mean everything.

Not to bash on JHM or anyone else but I had waited 4 years for them to come out with S5 products and nothing showed up in the end. Hopefully their products now are worth the wait.

Jake@JHM
10-02-2014, 06:24 PM
So...feels like Sprint Booster? Can't wait to see dyno charts, even though they don't mean everything.

Not to bash on JHM or anyone else but I had waited 4 years for them to come out with S5 products and nothing showed up in the end. Hopefully their products now are worth the wait.

But we only started making parts roughly a year ago? We have lightweight parts, clutches/flywheels, rotors, crank pulleys, exhaust, soon to be tune and supercharger.

S5xy
10-03-2014, 02:19 PM
But we only started making parts roughly a year ago? We have lightweight parts, clutches/flywheels, rotors, crank pulleys, exhaust, soon to be tune and supercharger.

Yeah, but I was given so many ETA's before that and there was so much speculation on these forums about potential JHM products. I have emails from January 2012 asking for news on this specific tune that the OP got and was told I'd be put on a list with potential customers. Never heard anything back despite trying to reach out again and again and through looking on these boards.