PDA

View Full Version : RS5 new tires, help...

Dfw007
06-08-2014, 11:22 AM
I am going to need to replace my tires soon, I have the 20" stock rims. I would love to put on michelin PSS, but good luck find them. The stock pirellis are ok, but pricey. Has anyone out 285/30 20 on the stock rims. I don't have it lowered, etc. thoughts on other brands besides Michelin and Pirelli. I track the car so I need something that will last and be grippy.

Guitarmageddon
06-08-2014, 11:26 AM
I am going to need to replace my tires soon, I have the 20" stock rims. I would love to put on michelin PSS, but good luck find them. The stock pirellis are ok, but pricey. Has anyone out 285/30 20 on the stock rims. I don't have it lowered, etc. thoughts on other brands besides Michelin and Pirelli. I track the car so I need something that will last and be grippy.

"Good luck finding them".....?

tirerack.com?

Dfw007
06-08-2014, 01:26 PM
"Good luck finding them".....?

tirerack.com? I tried TireRack and many local shops, No one has them and Michelin is not taking back orders. If someone knows how to get the PSS let me know. I'm in!

superswiss
06-08-2014, 04:05 PM
There's supposed to be a new PSS coming out any day now. Question is when exactly and how long until they are in the supply chain. The current one has been discontinued in the size with need. I replaced mine with another set of the P Zero a few months ago. I was down to the wear bar and couldn't wait any longer. Other than thread life, the P Zero is a very good performance tire. Only really topped by the PSS. If you change tires, might as well change it for an all around better one and that would be the PSS.

Dfw007
06-08-2014, 07:26 PM
There's supposed to be a new PSS coming out any day now. Question is when exactly and how long until they are in the supply chain. The current one has been discontinued in the size with need. I replaced mine with another set of the P Zero a few months ago. I was down to the wear bar and couldn't wait any longer. Other than thread life, the P Zero is a very good performance tire. Only really topped by the PSS. If you change tires, might as well change it for an all around better one and that would be the PSS.

I hear ya. Hopefully mine can handle one more track day.

NOFEARCT
06-13-2014, 04:10 PM
I had PSS on my RS5 and I found them to be the best tire I have ever owned, on any car. Really exceptional grip in a wide range of driving conditions and cheaper than the OEM Pirellis. Win-win.