PDA

View Full Version : cylinder numbering?

empyrestate
06-04-2014, 07:22 PM
have an 07 3.2l and im currently trying to pinpoint the cause of a sporadic misfire in cylinder 4. does anyone happen to know the cylinder numbering for this engine? cant seem to find any posts out there that seem legit enough to trust. I really don't want to get an alldata subscription JUST for this but I also don't want to waste my time investigating the wrong wires based off of some diagram that someone made up. thanks in advance by the way if anybody comes through with something useful.

imnuts
06-05-2014, 09:21 PM
I'd have to think that the numbering would be the same as the 3.0 AVK engine with 1 & 4 being in the front, 3 & 6 being in the back, 1-3 passenger's side, 4-6 driver's side. I guess one way to verify would be to fire up the car, unplug a coil pack quickly and plug it back in and see what code comes up. If you know where to find it in Elsawin/Bentley, let me know and I'll get a diagram for you. I tried looking it up, but I'm not sure where it may be located.

okar
06-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Usually marked on the coil pack and typically the ignition wires are marked.

empyrestate
08-12-2014, 02:06 PM
I'd have to think that the numbering would be the same as the 3.0 AVK engine with 1 & 4 being in the front, 3 & 6 being in the back, 1-3 passenger's side, 4-6 driver's side. I guess one way to verify would be to fire up the car, unplug a coil pack quickly and plug it back in and see what code comes up. If you know where to find it in Elsawin/Bentley, let me know and I'll get a diagram for you. I tried looking it up, but I'm not sure where it may be located.

This is actually how I eventually figured out which cylinder was which lol. so it is the same setup as most other 6 cylinders with 1 and 4 being in the front and 3 and 6 being closest to the firewall.