PDA

View Full Version : A4 B5'er has a quick question on the boost machine...

beejohn
08-14-2005, 02:40 AM
so I hear you TT guys like to use the boost machine on 1.8Ts, well I have an 01 1.8T w/dahlback software. had an n75k, now going to try this.

1. How does boost trail off (how smooth is the wastegate opening after boost has been moderately applied) while driving?
2. With the boost machine I understand you can either leave the relief valve at 0 for no interference, or turn it CCW for reducing the n75 signal until it reaches a certain point.

since the signal to close the wastegate is reduced and the wastegate is prevented from creeping, is there a loss in turbo spool time?

any other info you guys have on it/opinions would be great. TIA!

BranCKY3
10-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Bump want to know the same thing!

ncttrnl
10-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Best place to find this info is to search for TTSchwing over on audiworld or look for the boost machine autospeed article on the net that he used.

Your wastegate will open just as smoothly as it normally should when the n75 tells it to. The difference is that the boost machine will keep it from creeping open before its supposed to.

Its like setting more accurate thresholds on when the wastegate opens and closes and how crisply the onset of those opening and and closing periods occur.