PDA

View Full Version : 4.2 S5 oil light ( oil level full please reduce oil) need help!

SFCRCOOP
05-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Has anyone ever had this problem where the oil was registering to High but the dipstick shows it normal ? I've been to the dealer 3 times and they reset it but it always comes back on a couple days later. I asked him was it a bad sensor and they replied no. Don't know what to do at this point or what it could be can somebody help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

vacsimile
05-29-2014, 09:53 PM
There isn't any kind of reset for the oil level reading so I'm curious what they're doing. Does your hood show to be open in the DIS?

lucino
11-26-2014, 03:40 PM
I have the same issue. my tuner told me not to worry about it, he also changed my oil. It comes and goes, open your hood and let it ck the oil level again, it might help. I bought an oil stick last week so suggest you do the same :)

SFCRCOOP
02-28-2015, 02:10 PM
I found the fix and it's incredibly simple! Remove the oil cap, clean and wipe the cap threads and also the threads in the oil fill in the valve cover and thats it! Light goes off and stays off.

vacsimile
02-28-2015, 05:39 PM
I found the fix and it's incredibly simple! Remove the oil cap, clean and wipe the cap threads and also the threads in the oil fill in the valve cover and thats it! Light goes off and stays off.

Don't be silly, that doesn't fix anything and if your light turned off it's only a coincidence. The only way that even remotely makes sense is if you think an engine is powered by magic.

SFCRCOOP
02-28-2015, 07:50 PM
Dude, if you don't want to believe it than don't. I did this after finding it in another post. I said what the hell I may as well try it it's free! And it worked! Lol. That was last year in June and I haven't had the problem since. I went to the dealership 3 different times and they had no idea what was causing the problem. So I hope it helps someone else like it helped me.