PDA

View Full Version : Best/Loudest Valvetronic exhaust for RS5

TonyRs5
05-14-2014, 08:10 AM
Morning Audizine.

I am looking for options and recommendations on a great sounding and valve controlled exhaust for my 2013 RS5. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MacFady
05-14-2014, 08:30 AM
I think "best" and "loudest" will net you two different answers.

2011_S4
05-14-2014, 08:35 AM
For valved, I think most people here lean towards the Capristo as the best sounding. Kline and Akrapovic are also great. All three options are $$$, but valved as you are looking for.

An option that isn't valved but sounds super aggressive is the AWE Track Extreme. The volume is directly connected to how much throttle you use, quieter when not hard on the throttle, louder when you get on it. Less money, depending on your budget.

I'm on the fence still about which way I want to go. I have the OEM sport exhaust and while it's opened up over the miles and sounds better than when new, it's just not enough sound for what I want.

TonyRs5
05-14-2014, 09:01 AM
For valved, I think most people here lean towards the Capristo as the best sounding. Kline and Akrapovic are also great. All three options are $$$, but valved as you are looking for.

An option that isn't valved but sounds super aggressive is the AWE Track Extreme. The volume is directly connected to how much throttle you use, quieter when not hard on the throttle, louder when you get on it. Less money, depending on your budget.

I'm on the fence still about which way I want to go. I have the OEM sport exhaust and while it's opened up over the miles and sounds better than when new, it's just not enough sound for what I want.

I agree with you; I'm at about 18000Km and the downshift bleeps sound good its just not aggressive when the gas is pinned. Let me know what you are leaning towards. Thanks

patmusk
05-14-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm in the same boat! Been on the hunt since I bought my RS5. I'm currently leaning toward Capristo but I really want to hear it in person first. (Anyone in NJ with one?) AWE track exhaust sounds good but not the "low" muscle car sound the Capristo produces IMO. Only hitch in the Capristo was that thread about it's supposed "weedwhacker noise" on redline upshifts.

Lummi
05-14-2014, 09:42 AM
short video from my Capristo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz1Xe5yY1F8
and a long Version with german subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeObyEyZmrU

S4V8
05-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Surprised Milltek is not mentioned in these convo's as an option for the RS5. I recall when I had my RS4 that this was all the craze - I ended up getting a valved, non-res version and loved it.

Anyone running a Milltek that can share their experience withit? They sound awesome if you ask me and don;t break the bank...or do they given it's for an RS5?

2011_S4
05-14-2014, 11:07 AM
I've watched a few Milltek clips (I had a non-res version on my B8 S4 and loved it) but am not blown away with the their sound on the RS5. In my opinion, the others mentioned above sound significantly better.

Beast
05-14-2014, 05:44 PM
I am leaning towards the Capristo right now, the other part of me wants the AWE track extreme. -_-

chrissurfr
05-14-2014, 08:32 PM
No matter what system you get I suggest you keep it resonated. Without resos you will get rasp. I personally have the AWE system and I removed the center muffler but left all resonators in tack. It is loud, but man, it sounds so damn good.

Zee Dgerman
05-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Personally of all the ones I heard I think Akrapovic sounds the best. I just don't like the look of the tips.

Morning Audizine.

I am looking for options and recommendations on a great sounding and valve controlled exhaust for my 2013 RS5. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

lsondubz
05-15-2014, 06:31 PM
I have the kline resonated on my car and i like the sound. I do wish it was a little louder aka the non-resonated version, but there are times i can barely hear the phone when in "drive" mode so I guess it's not too quiet [drool]

TonyRs5
05-16-2014, 07:00 AM
I was leaning towards the Capristo with an aftermarket X pipe and call it a day. I just don't know what it sounds like in person....

patmusk
05-16-2014, 10:43 AM
I was leaning towards the Capristo with an aftermarket X pipe and call it a day. I just don't know what it sounds like in person....

What will the aftermarket X pipe provide that the capristo one will not ?

Lummi
05-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Soundvideo Capristo with x-pipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYPcWdcstg

Beast
05-18-2014, 07:31 PM

I def want to hear your exhaust before I choose one!

patmusk
05-22-2014, 12:24 PM
That's the best sounding S5 I've ever heard. I'm curious if there is video of an RS5 with that setup. These engines produce different exhaust notes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lsondubz
05-26-2014, 11:51 AM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/598284-Kline-Innovations-Resonated-Exhaust-Downpipes-Installed-RS5

Caudy
05-27-2014, 10:46 AM
I have the HMS system, its pure evil!

Octothorpe
05-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Personally of all the ones I heard I think Akrapovic sounds the best. I just don't like the look of the tips.

So I did a bit of research, and it seems you can mount the Akra exhausts without the pignose (ie, use the stock shroud).

tadhgbrosnan
06-17-2014, 11:39 AM
I have the HMS system, its pure evil!

To my ear, HMS sounds the best on the RS5. Unfortunately, that opinion is strictly from watching Youtube videos so it's hard to really make an accurate assessment.