PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Issues as always :/

MrSnickelsnizer
04-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Alright so I know there are a bunch of threads on this already but my problem I feel might just be something beyond the combi switch and fuses. I have a new combi switch and have fucked relentlessly with it because of issues with the switch. Anyways symptoms are no fogs, no low beams, and no rear fogs. High beams do come on when you pull back on combi switch. Signal lights come on, and turn signals work. I have been hearing a very high tone relay type noise for the past month when I turn on the headlights directly from the relay panel. But I thought there were no relays in this system? I am most likely wrong and would like to know if anyone can tell me which relay is the right one to check and or replace. Anyways no more noise. I have a million relays laying around. Just need to know which one. I really don't feel like pulling the steering wheel tonight to throw another switch in if I can just quickly check a relay. I know these are the annoying threads but I am fed up with it. Thanks guys.

MrSnickelsnizer
04-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Well neverminds. It was the switch. So let this be a lesson. When purchasing a new headlight switch don't buy the valeo switch. Buy only oem. The problem lies in the little white plastic slider piece on the bottom of the switch. It has two copper plungers and they are held out by two tiny tiny springs each to create good contact. On my valeo unit the copper plungers stick up into the plastic piece itself thus creating no contact. Only way I know of to fix this is to sand the seats for the plungers in the slider. The valeo unit just does not have the quality control the oem audi unit does. I simply swapped the slider from my oem switch to the valeo unit and it works perfectly. It is a real annoyance that I have to deal with fixing a brand new 150$ switch after installing it several months ago. Glad I didn't toss my old switch.