PDA

View Full Version : 2013 BMW 335is to 2010 Audi S5

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 01:17 AM
Hello to all audizine members!

Just a formal introduction of my self.
I used to drive a 2013 BMW 335is and it was soooooo bad during winter time that I got rid of it not too long ago and now I am looking for a new fun and attractive vehicle that is more suitable during winter time. Hence, I am leaning towards a 2010 Audi S5. I am looking to purchase one in a few weeks/end of the month.

Like everyone else on this forum, I too am a performance seeker so I did a few mods on my 335is. (Intake, Down pipes, COBB Stage II tuned)
When I took it to the track, the best I ran was 12.7. I am hoping that S5 can do better.

Before I pull the trigger on the Audi S5, Is there anything I should be aware of before making my final decision? Any advice will be much appreciated!

What's a good price for a used 2010 S5 with 51,000 miles that is not certified? The dealer is asking $35,999.

Thank you everyone and I hope to see some of the members in Chicago/Michigan area during summer time! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bomiz
04-14-2014, 01:44 AM
Well I don't think the S5 will be as fast as your 335is since it's the V8 motor in the S5. The 2013+ S5 will have the v6 which has a lot of potential but would probably be out of the price range :(

Zee Dgerman
04-14-2014, 07:45 AM
If you wanna get similar performance as your 335 get a 2013+ S5. I fear you will be disappointed with the V8 car. It's a great car, but it's way less sporty than the 335is.

Hello to all audizine members!

Just a formal introduction of my self.
I used to drive a 2013 BMW 335is and it was soooooo bad during winter time that I got rid of it not too long ago and now I am looking for a new fun and attractive vehicle that is more suitable during winter time. Hence, I am leaning towards a 2010 Audi S5. I am looking to purchase one in a few weeks/end of the month.

Like everyone else on this forum, I too am a performance seeker so I did a few mods on my 335is. (Intake, Down pipes, COBB Stage II tuned)
When I took it to the track, the best I ran was 12.7. I am hoping that S5 can do better.

Before I pull the trigger on the Audi S5, Is there anything I should be aware of before making my final decision? Any advice will be much appreciated!

What's a good price for a used 2010 S5 with 51,000 miles that is not certified? The dealer is asking $35,999.

Thank you everyone and I hope to see some of the members in Chicago/Michigan area during summer time! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Well I don't think the S5 will be as fast as your 335is since it's the V8 motor in the S5. The 2013+ S5 will have the v6 which has a lot of potential but would probably be out of the price range :(

Indeed... It will be out of my price range since I am not trying to finance car. (I hateeee interest)

Although I suspected tuning a V8 motor has lower limits than an I-6 Twin Turbo.
I test drove the S5 couple weeks ago and it feels really nice and solid! [:)]

I will keep you guys posted on my decision.

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 09:21 AM
As mentioned above, the 2013+ S5 will be out of my budget.
I wouldn't be disappointed with a V8 since Audi is still a very nice car.
I don't need anything more sporty at this point since I am not getting any younger... haha

Anyways, I definitely appreciate your two cent!

By the way, you went through a lot of cars in the past 20 years! And I thought I went through a lot of cars! lol

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 10:18 AM
If you wanna get similar performance as your 335 get a 2013+ S5. I fear you will be disappointed with the V8 car. It's a great car, but it's way less sporty than the 335is.

Just out of curiosity, doesn't the RS5 have the same engine as S5? 4.2L V8? If so, with some ECU tuning and the other mods that are necessary, couldn't you get almost, if not equal to the RS5 specs out of the S5?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

dazed1
04-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, doesn't the RS5 have the same engine as S5? 4.2L V8? If so, with some ECU tuning and the other mods that are necessary, couldn't you get almost, if not equal to the RS5 specs out of the S5?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No. its a very different engine in the RS5.

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 12:24 PM
No. its a very different engine in the RS5.

Oooh... My mistake.

Thanks for the correction! :)

eliteplague
04-14-2014, 03:06 PM
why not get bmw with xdrive?

32spoke
04-14-2014, 05:25 PM
I got the 2012 S5 after dragging my feet as long as I could stand it. I got the V8. I put on AWE touring exhaust, bilstein struts and the eurocode swaybars and end links, and that alukreuz brace. It's no bimmer, but I love it. I can't be certain, but you may want to ask the seller for the 17 digit VIN # and then contact Dru at JH Motorsports and ask him if they offer any upgrades based upon the Vin info you provide. They may have something in the works and be testing it thoroughly before releasing it to the public. You might be interested in what they offer.

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 05:43 PM
why not get bmw with xdrive?

I would but for the past 5 years, I have been driving 2 different BMWs so I want to try something different.

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 05:46 PM
I got the 2012 S5 after dragging my feet as long as I could stand it. I got the V8. I put on AWE touring exhaust, bilstein struts and the eurocode swaybars and end links, and that alukreuz brace. It's no bimmer, but I love it. I can't be certain, but you may want to ask the seller for the 17 digit VIN # and then contact Dru at JH Motorsports and ask him if they offer any upgrades based upon the Vin info you provide. They may have something in the works and be testing it thoroughly before releasing it to the public. You might be interested in what they offer.

I don't think I will do any more than just bolt on upgrades if I were to purchase the S5. If I was more serious into tuning, I rather just buy a GT-R haha but GT-R is seriously out of my budget range.
I have driven my friends A4 in the past and AUDI does make nice cars.

demonmk2
04-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Don't they make a supercharger for the v8 car?

32spoke
04-14-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't think I will do any more than just bolt on upgrades if I were to purchase the S5. If I was more serious into tuning, I rather just buy a GT-R haha but GT-R is seriously out of my budget range.
I have driven my friends A4 in the past and AUDI does make nice cars.

Please contact Dru at JH Motorsports......

software flash will give you a performance increase, and depending upon how deep you want to dive into it, you can gain even better results by letting the exhaust breath better. Talk to Dru, he's not pushy, just full of information that will allow you to base your decision off of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HD5Musfn7U
love the sound of that V8?
Hope that helps

Zee Dgerman
04-14-2014, 07:06 PM
That exhaust sounds great

software flash will give you a performance increase, and depending upon how deep you want to dive into it, you can gain even better results by letting the exhaust breath better. Talk to Dru, he's not pushy, just full of information that will allow you to base your decision off of.

Hope that helps

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Hope that helps

That does sound pretty nice! I like the way it rumbles :)
However, I personally like the sound of Armytrix exhaust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slx73O06ekQ

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 08:25 PM
Don't they make a supercharger for the v8 car?

They do make supercharger kits for the V8 but instead of spending money on a supercharger, I rather save up and get a GT-R.
I am a hugggge fan of turbo chargers.
I used to drive 1992 3000GT VR-4 Twin Turbo and that car was pretty fun to drive, especially when the turbos kick in after about 2500 RPM.

A4A4A4
04-14-2014, 08:40 PM
If you're really looking to beat your 12.7 quarter mile time, why not look at a 2010ish S4? Sure it's not as sleek as the S5 but it has that added bit of practicality and should offer you the performance you say your after with some basic mods.

E92toS5
04-14-2014, 09:15 PM
If you're really looking to beat your 12.7 quarter mile time, why not look at a 2010ish S4? Sure it's not as sleek as the S5 but it has that added bit of practicality and should offer you the performance you say your after with some basic mods.

Really? 2010 S4 can do a 12.7 with basic bolt ons? Interesting...!
But I am really not looking forward to beat 12.7. I just want a fun and luxury vehicle and I think S5 will be just perfect.

I see that you used to drive an E92 also. Niceeeeee~ =)

A4A4A4
04-14-2014, 09:33 PM
Really? 2010 S4 can do a 12.7 with basic bolt ons? Interesting...!
But I am really not looking forward to beat 12.7. I just want a fun and luxury vehicle and I think S5 will be just perfect.

I see that you used to drive an E92 also. Niceeeeee~ =)

Yes it can. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/400241-Official-1-4th-Quarter-Mile-Drag-Strip-Times

Unless you're dead set on either the looks or the sound of the V8 S5, it might be worth it to find a 10+ S4 to take on a test drive before you commit, even if just for comparisons sake.

bknewtype
04-15-2014, 05:14 AM
seems like you dont care about speed too much, good. get the v8 s5, pref a 2010-2012 model. drop, wheels, exhaust, drive slow. let the panties drop.

if u like turbos, u can also go for an a5 ( s-line please ) and do a big turbo upgrade and b as fast, or even faster than an s5, and have way better fuel economy.

DML
07-05-2014, 10:09 PM
In real life, the v8 s5 will be close to as quick as the 335... As long as you get the manual in those years. The auto in the 2010ish years was a bit slower. If you ever decided to beef it up, there are several good (but expensive) options.

flyfishing
07-07-2014, 07:24 PM
i just got JHM tune for v8 and it makes the car way different. it's awesome.