PDA

View Full Version : Transmission bucking and slip during left turn???

whatevkev00
03-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2000 A4 Quattro automatic 1.8T. My problem as existed since I bought the car, about 5K ago. It used to slip when I would go up a steep hill and on the throttle pretty decent. When I would go around a left hand corner it would slip until I straightened out, then it would be fine. But only left hand turns, not right. When I came to a stop it would buck like it could not sense that I was coming to a stop. I changed the filter and put a quart of Lucas stop slip in it. When I filled it, I ran it for a while, then checked it again. I filled it until it ran out of the fill plug. I also changed the transmission mounts. Now it still has the slipping around left corner problem, and the bucking while I stop problem has gotten better, but is still definitely there, but only happens during rapid deceleration. It has actually stalled out on me once. It seems the stop slip has helped the slipping problem while going up hills. It there something I am missing here? I'd say the turning problem is low fluid but I would think there is enough in there for a few seconds through a turn right? I feel like I am missing something, is there a solenoid or something that could be bad? I have searched the forums but found nothing. Thanks for the help! -Kev

josh.smuin1
03-30-2014, 07:22 PM
I would suggest for starters by putting audi specific ATF in it. The automatics are very picky about fluid . There's a specific procedure to filling these transmissions. I'll look it up and link it.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars" 2001.5 b5 1.8tq(manual swapped). H&R coilovers, APR stage 1 tune, BBS RC 18s, stop-tech st-40 bbk, APR exhaust w/gutted cat.

whatevkev00
03-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks I would appreciate it!

josh.smuin1
03-30-2014, 08:32 PM
http://www.blauparts.com/audi/audi_fluid/audi_automatic_transmission_fluid.shtml this link is not only informative on the whys, but is a great DIY

"Life's too short to drive boring cars" 2001.5 b5 1.8tq(manual swapped). H&R coilovers, APR stage 1 tune, BBS RC 18s, stop-tech st-40 bbk, APR exhaust w/gutted cat.

josh.smuin1
03-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Wrong link above. This is the one I used on an a6 4.2. Same procedure applies to your 5hp19 transmission

josh.smuin1
03-30-2014, 08:35 PM
http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articles/auto_transmission/autotranservicing.html