PDA

View Full Version : ok need some traffic ticket help here

boostinmr2
08-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Bastard Hawaii cops in unmarked cars got me and I didn't even know I was speeding.

Tagged me for things.

Does anyone have a good traffic lawyer here? How are the judges at the Ewa court?

yobz
08-07-2005, 04:15 PM
what citations were you issued?

boostinmr2
08-07-2005, 04:46 PM
1) 40 or 45 in a 30 local zone. Punk ass unmarked car said i passed him up.

2) Driving on suspended/expired license. (Not sure which one he wrote me up for because both apply to me).

I can take care of #2...but the speeding one not sure if the judge will let me off.

808a41.8t
08-07-2005, 04:49 PM
all the judges i had were weak. what kind of tickets did you get?is this your first offense? if so, you can probably work out a deal with the prosecuter as soon as you get there. i got cited for reckless driving, and after a long ass time of going to court, i got let off with a warning

HIstateS8
08-08-2005, 12:17 AM
You just gotta show up to court. If it's your 1st time offense or if you have a good excuse you will get off. But, most speeding tickets don't get let off so easily.

I did a 40 in 25...I didn't think, I was speeding either. It felt like I was driving normally. But I ended up having to pay the ticket anyway. So, good luck.

Thomas@TAI-VW
08-10-2005, 04:18 AM
What do you mean "unmarked",unmarked as in NO siren at all??Or a "regular car/SUV" with a siren on top???If they have NO siren now.THAT is scary! Dam REVENUE officers!! lol Pay up!! It is TAX time on Hawaii roadways!!lol

RSFour
08-11-2005, 12:00 AM
i just got a speeding ticket today..., going 75 on a 55 at the airport hwy... freaking biker cops.., i was pacing a red eclipes and all of a sudden the eclipes started to brake, then the 3 cops on the side started to point at me :(, dont even know where the ewa court office place is...

Raudi
08-11-2005, 12:12 AM
RS4 is screwed, 20+ over should be a really big fine.

boostinmr2
08-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Well looks like I'm going to court then! I don't really care about the fine, so much as the points on my license. 1 more point and I'm like adding another year to my suspension!

HIstateS8
08-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Damn, you guys are maniac drivers!

P.S. Don't write a letter to contest your plee. I tried that once and it absolutely does not work!

Jesse S.
08-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Just plead No Contest like I did. I got clocked at 101 in 55. (did they pass that law of 20-30mph over and its a felony?) I plead No Contest, and if its your first offense they let you off with a warning and give you a time period of like 6months where you cant get any tickets. If its not your first offense they will send you to the Defensive Driving Course or somethin like that. Basically No Contest means you are not admitting guilt or innocence. Talk to the public defender when they assign you one at court.

immortal_zeus
08-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by HIstateS4
Damn, you guys are maniac drivers!

P.S. Don't write a letter to contest your plee. I tried that once and it absolutely does not work!

I disagree. Of course, it helped that the officer didn't write anything on the back of the ticket (i.e., how he clocked me). I had to name drop my brother-in-law who is a retired Major from HPD. [:D] Also, my friend was an ex District Attorney (or something like that) so he told me what to write in the letter. Needless to say the ticket didn't stick. [up]

HIstateS8
08-12-2005, 11:24 PM
^^^Well, you're lucky to have names in the inside. In my case, I had no one. So, therefore it didn't work for me.

boostinmr2
08-20-2005, 04:20 PM
UPDATE! I talked to an attorney- Patrick McPherson that is going to work on my two tickets. I had a lengthy talk with him and several other people told me that he has a good success rate.

I don't know the outcome yet as my court date hasn't come up yet, BUT, from what I gathered about him, he seems to have a good head about getting me off the tickets. His rates aren't too outrageous either - charged me $400 for two tickets.

You can call him at (808)537-5600 if you wish to have him resolve your tickets. My insurance can't take it anymore.

HIstateS8
08-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Go get'um tiger!