PDA

View Full Version : Front End Bump, everything is out of alignment

Gberg888
03-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Got my front end bumped into and everything is now out of alignment. Any suggestions for fixing stuff to get everything to align again?

RoadRage
03-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Define: everything

Drifter420
03-19-2014, 01:20 PM
The body's/frames twist easy in these cars

Gberg888
03-20-2014, 06:24 AM
1) the crash was below 10mph so I dont think its a frame issue.
2) the hood, headlights and front bumper do not really line up anymore.

Advice please:

Where should I start with the lining up of everything? What is the main point I should go off of? Do I start with the fenders? Do I start with the front bumper? Do I start with the headlights?

It seems as though my headlights got pushed back some but the rad support is fine and not cracked or anything. Ideas?

Wraith600
03-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Perhaps taking it to a bodyshop would be the best thing to do. At least get an estimate and see if it's something you even want to tackle if your asking opinions on a message forum without any pictures. Experience goes a long way and sometimes as much as we all love to do the work ourselves the professionals exist for a reason.

Corrado_Guy
03-20-2014, 07:13 PM
Take pics and post pics of what you are saying. Without those anything will be a guess.

walky_talky20
03-21-2014, 04:57 PM
I totally thought we were talking about wheel alignment (ie: my steering wheel is all sideways-like).

We need pics.

ianwpb
03-21-2014, 06:50 PM
When I'm trying to align the front end, I usually make sure the hood is lined up with the fenders first. Then I work on getting the lock carrier centered so that the headlights are mounted evenly on both sides. Then I worry about the bumper. It's tricky, but if you really take the time to understand how everything is adjusted, it's not too bad.

walky_talky20
03-21-2014, 07:43 PM
^That's good advice. Way better than whatever I said.

Gberg888
03-25-2014, 07:17 AM
I will have to do that, the only problem is i think the only really damaged part is the hood... so based on that alone i think i will need a replacement one.

Thank you though guys!

zandrew
03-25-2014, 08:33 AM
I have somewhat of the same issue. When I bought my car the previous owner swerved to miss a dog and banged the pass side up. The pass side sub frame that bumper shocks mount into was bent out of whack so I would check them. They are bitch to straighten. I had to put a spud bar about 2 feet up into it and then have someone hit the mount with a 16 lb sledge hammer while I pushed on the spud bar. Took about 20 whacks and its straight now.

After I got it straightened out I bumped a deer in the ass on the driver side. Small ding on the hood but its fixable. The other area of issue is the part of the fender that goes over top the head light and comes to a point. They bend really easy so I would try to get the hood aligned first and then work down around. A cloth tape measure that you can use to pull reference points will help a lot. Most manufactures have a body and panel manual which will have all these measurements in.