PDA

View Full Version : How many miles are you guys getting out of a pair of Break Pads

skyhopsing
03-12-2014, 05:55 PM
I know driving styles vary. Therefore individual results will vary. Looks like the only thing, thats not covered, in my Platinum Protection Package. Maybe classify yourself as a "Beater," "Part time Beater," "Commuter Queen" or "Garage Queen."

OEM or aftermarket.

dazed1
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
OEM, my pads are at 40ish % but the sensor cable was about to go out. Since I switch for track pads, I can use them another 2k miles before I switch for track again. About 12k miles + 1 track weekend.

GotRS?
03-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Two similar pad threads going. Commuter DD and 9k miles on OEM, down to 7.5mm but what is new depth?

jachien
04-02-2014, 03:04 PM
24k on OEM pads. Still have a tad bit of life left. All daily driver miles.

rmh
05-01-2014, 06:37 PM
I bought my 2010 S5 in Feb 2013 with OEM pads and immediately swapped them out for Hawk HPS street/sport pads due to the waaaay lower brake dust and as good or better friction than OEM pads with zero additional noise.
I run Pagid RS19 pads for track use.
I've put 10,000 miles on the car since I bought it and I have negligible pad wear on the DD setup and I can probably get another 2 seasons of track wear out of the Pagids.

Dfw007
05-01-2014, 11:58 PM
I did two track days and 4000 miles on the oem pads for the rs5, that was the end of them. I switched them out for porterfield RS-4, low dust, no squeal and a better track pad but usable on the street. I am taking the rs5 to the track in a week, will update with my thoughts after that day, but should be much better.

suprflyy1
07-22-2014, 02:05 AM
Hey everyone. First time posting in a while since I sold the S4.
Just curious to know how many miles are you guys with RS5s getting out of the non-ceramic rotors?
My RS5 is strictly a DD, and due to a ridiculous amount of vibrations I was experiencing from the front end upon braking (~17k miles), dealership said rotors and pads needed to be replaced. I don't drive that aggressively, so I thought that was a bit too soon...

Dfw007
07-22-2014, 07:20 AM
3 track days and 6000 miles did in my rotors and pads. I had heavy side lip and grooves. I went with the ECS tuning font rotors and the oem for the rear. ECS is a little cheaper, but is a little lighter, slotted and drilled. Best part is that they are two piece so when I burn them again at the track I can replace the disc portion and save about 200. I just got the car back from the shop and have only driven it a few miles, but the new rotors and carbotech xps-10 pads bite hard, really hard. I am bedding them in tonight and will update on my real thoughts after some high speed braking.