PDA

View Full Version : This rattle is driving me CRAZY

shysell
02-28-2014, 09:22 PM
I installed all new front control arms (uppers and lowers), sway bar end links, and outer tierod ends. Drove the car, everything is nice and tight feeling and has very responsive steering now. All pluses. However, I noticed when I was driving home on the highway at speed (65-75mph) when going around a bend there is an almost loose sounding rattle in the front suspension. As soon as i got home I checked all of my work and its all tight and there is no play in anything. Could this a strut that I'm hearing?

bxultra
02-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Im having the same problem except mine is like a grinding/cranking sound from the front right side of the car. does the wheel jerk when your doing highway speeds after a period of time?

shysell
03-01-2014, 07:04 AM
No wheel jerk. I'm just having a loose rattle/clatter sound when I make right turns at high speed. I'm going to look into it today and see what I can find. I also want to triple check all of my work and make sure that everything is torqued down correctly

xthealienatorx
03-01-2014, 09:03 AM
It could be a fender hitting or part of your bumper. I had a rattle for a while and zip tied everything up and haven't had it for about 7 months now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

shysell
03-01-2014, 05:44 PM
My dumbass forgot one damn bolt that needed tightening. NOW there is no rattle and everything is torqued to spec. ON TO THE NEXT THING.

Thanks for all the help fella's

BaseDrifter
03-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Which bolt did you forget to tighten?

I just finished a control arm replacement job and made a little checklist to ensure that I didn't forget to tighten/torque any bolts.

shysell
03-02-2014, 06:36 AM
The drive side lower rear control arm bolt. We ran into to some problems and I just forgot about in the mix of it all. Make sure you put all your control arms under load with a jack or something before you torque everything down. It could cause premature bushing wear.