PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to this forum and greetings all

NoFlyZone
08-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Just passed 144,000 miles on my 2000 A4TQM. Have a lot of stories, knowledge, upgrades and disappointment from mechanics both dealer and private. I perform all my own work so having a forum for information both received and given is a good thing. I'm hopeful to help others.
My last visit to dealer to pull code for CEL created many problems I've never had. Dealer decided to replace a vacumn hose they claimed was bad that attached to the combo valve. The outcome of that was a $200 bill, a bad idle when AC is on (constant surging from 0 to about 1000rpm), a brake light warning code on dash that when I investigated tail light assembly, I found brake light bulb detached! I reinserted and now, still, have a permanent brake light warning message on dash. The combo valve the dealer replaced vacumn hose on fell off leaving me at a Audi shop believing that I blew a hole in my exhaust, my turn signals now play through my bose speakers and yes, I still have a CEL. Now I own the ross-tech software so I found the the original problem to be a faulty oxygen sensor bank 2. Did I mention the fact that when I was waiting to pick up my car at the dealer, they were racing it in thier back lot? My spec 2 clutch had 45 miles on it!

Audi's are GREAT cars. I've driven everything, seriously, being near 50 and renting a different car every week as well as test driving everything else. I can't seem to find a better ride other than of course Porsches. Anyway, there's my rant. It's off my chest...for now.

Audimarc
08-04-2005, 09:36 AM
I would have had words with the Service Manager. Would not have been pleasant.

NoFlyZone
08-04-2005, 09:47 AM
I did and it wasn't. What can you do? I already suspect malice. Every mechanic that has touched this car was completey clueless. In the end, I've fixed everything myself, except for that center instrument display[confused]

Eurotuned_A4
08-04-2005, 10:14 AM
that would have pissed me off if someone treated my car that way. welcome to the Audizine though.

Audi A4 1.8T
08-04-2005, 10:22 AM
welcome man... hope you get things back to normal.. any pics of the ride?

RedRocket
08-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Gerrrrrr.......Oh those basterds..........

Someone driving your car like that at the dealer ship shows a total disregard for other people's property. Good to have you here. DIY rocks. Welkommen to AZ.

Quattrocket
08-04-2005, 12:35 PM
that happened to me. After my accident I went to the shop everyday to check on it. One day I pulled in and a mechanic was drifting it around the corner in the snow. I was pissed.

alen
08-04-2005, 12:39 PM
welcome noflyzone. you seem to really love these cars and that's what we need nowadays despite all the quirks and problems people have and leave the audi family.