PDA

View Full Version : 18x9 Avant Garde M310

destroyevsky
02-20-2014, 10:48 PM
I searched, saw some similar threads that were long dead and not very helpful, hopefully I don't get in trouble as this is my first post:D

My dad found a really good deal on some Avant Garde m310s and I went ahead and bought them. I have an 2000 a4 quattro that needs some new wheels and so i thought putting them on was worth a shot. My car was lowered 1.5 inches by the previous owner, right now I'm using the OEM wheels. The only thing I can see being the problem with the wheels is that they came off a gti so they use 5x100 pattern, meaning I need some adapters, which will add an extra 20mm the very least. The wheels have a fairly aggressive offset, 30/40 i believe, and they are 9 inches and 8 inches wide. Do you guys think I can get those in without having to roll my fenders? This is my first time buying aftermarket wheels so I'm a bit unsure if they will fit, I really really like the wheels and would like to keep them but if they won't fit I don't want to spend money on adapters.

I guess I'm just looking for other's thoughts on this. Browsing around I have seen some a4's on 10" wheels with a less aggressive offset, what do you think? Can i get them in? Also, i have found some adapters i like online from adapt-it-usa, i would love to know what adapters other's are using and their thoughts on them. Thanks a ton [a4]

Cgoon009
02-21-2014, 06:05 AM
I searched, saw some similar threads that were long dead and not very helpful, hopefully I don't get in trouble as this is my first post:D

My dad found a really good deal on some Avant Garde m310s and I went ahead and bought them. I have an 2000 a4 quattro that needs some new wheels and so i thought putting them on was worth a shot. My car was lowered 1.5 inches by the previous owner, right now I'm using the OEM wheels. The only thing I can see being the problem with the wheels is that they came off a gti so they use 5x100 pattern, meaning I need some adapters, which will add an extra 20mm the very least. The wheels have a fairly aggressive offset, 30/40 i believe, and they are 9 inches and 8 inches wide. Do you guys think I can get those in without having to roll my fenders? This is my first time buying aftermarket wheels so I'm a bit unsure if they will fit, I really really like the wheels and would like to keep them but if they won't fit I don't want to spend money on adapters.

I guess I'm just looking for other's thoughts on this. Browsing around I have seen some a4's on 10" wheels with a less aggressive offset, what do you think? Can i get them in? Also, i have found some adapters i like online from adapt-it-usa, i would love to know what adapters other's are using and their thoughts on them. Thanks a ton [a4]

First, what GTi? I thought they had 5/112 patterns

Second, Yes that will be a very hard fit, why do you need adapters? Have you looked at: http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-Quattro-1.8T/Wheels/Bolts,_Studs,_-and-_Nuts/Wheel_Bolts/ES2130074/

I run 18x9, with an ET of 35 and that barely fits Pics: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/576278-Another-Wheel-Question-yes-I-know

Read that

Also look at this: http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Finally, Welcome!

IMO, just sell these wheels and look for the right set, if it really was a great deal, you should be able to make some money, but you can get them to fit. It will just be hard.

EDIT: Just looked, only the newer GTis are 5/112 - So wobble bolts seem like your best bet

biketsai
02-21-2014, 06:59 PM
He didn't specify what GTI they came off. If it is an MK4 or older, it is 5x100 and wobble bolts won't work. 10" is very wide and hard to pull off without pulled fenders.

destroyevsky
02-21-2014, 07:41 PM
The wheels came off a 2002 i believe, i double checked the pattern and they are 5x100. The wobble bolts won't work with that, right? I think I read 2-3mm which isn't much.

destroyevsky
02-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Hey this has been really helpful, i just want to make sure I'm using the website willtheyfit correctly. The new wheels have an offset of 30. If I am adding 20mm adapters, my offset should decrese by 20 to 10, correct? if not then please tell me how i should measure that, again, noob here and I really appreciate all of your help. Thanks a ton again!

demonmk2
02-22-2014, 05:50 AM
I don't think you want to use spacers if the et is 30.
On an 18x9.
But yes it will make it et 10 if you do. I would imagine it would
Be poke of epic proportion!!

destroyevsky
02-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Yeah haha the wheels would stick out nearly an inch past the fender, I think this won't work since it's lowered.
I guess another option would be to swap out the rotors for ones with the correct pattern, do you guys know of any rotors that might work with the a4 that have a 5x100 pattern? I think I'm going to look into jettas and other VW's, hopefully I can find something that works, otherwise it looks like the wheels are up for trade/sale :/