PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Chicago to San Francisco.

rwc0920
02-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Hi Audizine,

I might be moving from Chicago to SF in the coming weeks and I might drive my car there. I have been keeping up with the oil changes and other general maintenance. I just want to know if there's anything that needs to be changed/looked over before I make this journey to the west coast. There are a few things wrong with it which are listed below but I'll be getting those problems checked out to see if it's worth fixing. Might also end up trying to sell the car before I leave so I wouldn't have to drive it out there.

http://i.imgur.com/ckrGEiY.jpg?2

My vehicle:

1998 Audi A4 Quattro
2.8L V6
5 Spd manual
140XXX
Konig coilovers (forgot how much it was lowered-previous owner)
Currently surviving the brutal weather and roads of Chicago.

The Con:

Valve cover leak
Possible front cover leak
Pulls to right a bit

Open for suggestions.

BrucexL33
02-20-2014, 08:48 PM
If you plan on making friends in the bay area, keep your Audi xD! I believe the greatest concentration of Audi enthusiasts are here and you'll want your Audi when we have meets!

BaseDrifter
02-20-2014, 09:01 PM
I would definitely fix the leaking valve cover before making the drive, it is a cheap fix (assuming you can do the work yourself) and there is a risk of fire if the oil is leaks enough to drip onto the exhaust manifold.

Glad to welcome another B5 to the Bay Area. Where in SF will you be moving?

SanFrancesc0
02-21-2014, 01:25 AM
The Bay Area is where its at! Haha the only thing that sucks is no snow. Where are the b5 meets at though? Im completely out of the loop with car meets I just go up into the mountains in redwood city and pull my car every friday or saturday night with 20 to 30 people in random cars. I'd love to meet fellow bay area b5 peeps

sorry for the thread jack haha

BrucexL33
02-21-2014, 01:31 AM
dude we just had a really nice one few weeks ago. January 25th I believe. A ton of b5's came out it was nice. There should be another big one in the summer.

rwc0920
02-21-2014, 08:11 AM
I would definitely fix the leaking valve cover before making the drive, it is a cheap fix (assuming you can do the work yourself) and there is a risk of fire if the oil is leaks enough to drip onto the exhaust manifold.

Glad to welcome another B5 to the Bay Area. Where in SF will you be moving?

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll be in the Berkeley area mostly.

rwc0920
02-21-2014, 08:13 AM
The Bay Area is where its at! Haha the only thing that sucks is no snow. Where are the b5 meets at though? Im completely out of the loop with car meets I just go up into the mountains in redwood city and pull my car every friday or saturday night with 20 to 30 people in random cars. I'd love to meet fellow bay area b5 peeps

sorry for the thread jack haha

haha it's all good, more the merrier. But I'm trying to get away from this frozen tundra! I'm happy that I won't be seeing snow or ice for awhile, it's getting a bit old and also my car doesn't appreciate it haha.

BaseDrifter
02-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll be in the Berkeley area mostly.

Nice, I actually live in Albany right now, just north of Berkeley.

There will be a Norcal Audi drive coming up on March 15th.

SanFrancesc0
02-21-2014, 02:24 PM
dude we just had a really nice one few weeks ago. January 25th I believe. A ton of b5's came out it was nice. There should be another big one in the summer.

Where do you guys find the info for these things? I feel like I only find out about these meets and stuff after theyve happened or I found out about ones but theyre in SoCal or what not

BrucexL33
02-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Private message coolgraymemo , ask him to add you on the nor cal audi club on facebook.

coolgraymemo
02-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Did someone call my name?

BrucexL33
02-21-2014, 02:29 PM
no.

coolgraymemo
02-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Oh Brucey.

Facebook.com/norcalaudi

rwc0920
02-21-2014, 03:16 PM
So a quick update. I just posted the car up for sale in the classified. Check out and if anyone sees any irregularities, please let me know. Also, help me spread the word please. I think I'll be leaving in roughly 3 weeks. Not to worry, thinking about grabbing another Audi when I arrive in California :)

SanFrancesc0
02-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Oh Brucey.

Facebook.com/norcalaudi

Hahahaha you guys crack me up. I sent a request to join [up]