PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a bad 02 sensor?

Poopie
02-20-2014, 07:03 PM
I'm trying to retune my file for 870cc injectors. I recently started having an issue with my idle. Once the car warms up my cars idles goes to shit. My wideband goes beyond 10:1 but my logs show me pegged at like 40:1 and my 02 correction is through the moon. Like +25% correction. So i'm seeing two different values. I would like to think my AEM wideband functions. On a cold start up it is seeing 12:1 AFR which is no good. But it seems to read appropriately. I can unplug it and it will read correctly. Any thoughts? I get no codes.

My guess is the 02 sensor is feeding the ECU a bogus value that i'm running super lean and its dumping a ton of fuel that my wideband is seeing. Has anyone seen this before?

I've played with the IC and BVC values with no luck and no change in behavior.

Seerlah
02-20-2014, 07:11 PM
I am having a lean issue myself. I have a spare sensor (just swapped in my spare yesterday with same symptoms) I can send you if you want to test it out. Better than spending money on a sensor if it is not the issue. But...who's to say both my sensors aren't faulty? Car reacted the same way with both sensors. I am on the verge of ordering a brand new one myself. Anyways, offer is there if you want it.

k0mpresd
02-22-2014, 07:29 PM
My guess is the 02 sensor is feeding the ECU a bogus value that i'm running super lean and its dumping a ton of fuel that my wideband is seeing. Has anyone seen this before?

way back when i had the atw i used the 0-1v signal from the wideband controller to feed the ecu an o2 signal. it crapped out randomly one day. ecu saw a bogus signal even though the wideband was still reading correctly.
had to add a bung and run 2 sensors.
not exactly your situation but i got the same symptoms. car ran like garbage and wideband reading was all over the place.

Royal769sr
03-01-2014, 05:31 AM
You should go pick up the one I got at autozone for $48.. bosch pn 17014.. my cart was running crappy, I changed it out and it is sooo much better