PDA

View Full Version : ABS Module? (Have replaced still no luck..)

dcskinx
02-17-2014, 02:16 AM
Just after some advice on what to try next? Car is a 00' B5 A4 2.4L V6 Auto. I have the ABS light on and also the blinking "!" (And also the airbag light but I believe that's another issue all together). I have used VAG-Lite to diagnose the fault, but cannot connect to anything with the ABS pump/module plugged in, unplugged I can connect to Engine etc. but no ABS (As it's not plugged in). I have replaced the electronic part of the ABS module/pump (the part that unbolts with 6x T20 TORX screws, and has the big electrical connector) with one from another 00' 2.4 A4 with the same part number (8E0 614 111 AH) but didn't make any difference. Any ideas?

Gberg888
02-17-2014, 09:41 AM
I had the ABS light on but it wasnt blinking. I replaced the module but in all actuality it turned out to be the wheel speed sensors.

If the "Brake" light is blinking and telling you to stop the car or just blinking 3 times with a beep. Your first thing should be to check the brake fluid. When its low in blinks and beeps 3 times.

dcskinx
02-17-2014, 01:58 PM
I had the ABS light on but it wasnt blinking. I replaced the module but in all actuality it turned out to be the wheel speed sensors.

If the "Brake" light is blinking and telling you to stop the car or just blinking 3 times with a beep. Your first thing should be to check the brake fluid. When its low in blinks and beeps 3 times.

Thanks for your reply, I don't think it is the wheel speed sensor as the VAG software cannot connect to anything with the ABS module connected, I would think VAG would be able to connect and pull a fault if it was the wheel speed sensor? The Brake light is blinking the whole time the car is running, brake fluid is at it's full mark.

I just don't know whether to spend the money sending my original module away to be repaired, as the replacement didn't work either..

walky_talky20
02-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Was the replacement just used from a part-out or junkyard, or has it been opened and repaired? These things are high failure rate parts. The odds of getting a good one from a junkyard, 15 years after production, are slim. You are usually best off getting yours repaired.

This guy is good people:
http://reflecttuning.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

dcskinx
02-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Was the replacement just used from a part-out or junkyard, or has it been opened and repaired? These things are high failure rate parts. The odds of getting a good one from a junkyard, 15 years after production, are slim. You are usually best off getting yours repaired.

This guy is good people:
http://reflecttuning.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Thanks for the reply, mine was a second hand part which I was told was good .. after your reply I decided to test on a known good car (same part number) and sure enough it seems the replacement unit is also stuffed. Will send the original one away to Reflect Tuning. Thanks again!

walky_talky20
02-18-2014, 05:39 AM
Yeah. The little wires are fragile. It may well have worked before, but the uninstall, transport, and re-install may have finished it off. Ian is great. Tell him 'walky' sent ya.

Buckle
03-21-2014, 04:45 PM
How did this go?