PDA

View Full Version : Need A Suggestion From AZ

d3m0nz3y3
02-16-2014, 06:00 PM
So i drive a stock A4 2.8q and have been missing my belly pan for a while. I know i should have something to protect my engine bay, just wanted to know if its worth spending another 150 and getting an Evolution Thor or the plastic one from ECS will do fine? My car is not lowered at all. It does see a good amount of snow in winters though if that matters. 90% of my driving is also city driving. ECS also has a noise dampening one for same price as Thor, is that any good?

Thanks

Seerlah
02-16-2014, 06:08 PM
If you plan on lowering your car, then thor. It is just a good investment. But stock should suit your needs just fine.

Corrado_Guy
02-16-2014, 06:13 PM
If your roads are decent and you have never bottomed out before then you will probably okay with the plastic one. It helps with aerodynamics and keeping dust and excessive moisture from under he hood but it is not essential, you can run without it. Other than things like rocks most bigger items will go through the plastic like it is not even there so it doesn't protect much. Don't know shit about the V6 but with my lowered (not slammed) 1.8T I would have gone through 10 plus oil pans and our roads aren't even that bad for the most part. I have the Thor skid plate and that thing is worth it weight in gold...

http://members.shaw.ca/vr6_corrado1/Audi-SkidPlate.jpg

Seerlah
02-16-2014, 06:17 PM
I am running one also. No pics, but it has paid itself off a long time ago.

d3m0nz3y3
02-16-2014, 07:45 PM
No doubt Thor would be better, but i would rather use the extra money to get some of the mechanical work done on the car. Also, i dont plan to lower the car at all. Looks like the plastic one should do the trick for me. Thanks for the feedback.