PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Motoza Tuning!

DeathKing
02-15-2014, 10:37 AM
I first contacted Dave in June of 2013 letting him know that I was interested in his tune and had a few questions to ask. Basically I was testing his customer service skills to see if this was someone I wanted to work with.

Well not only was he a great help then, but every step of the way as well. I placed my order at the end of June and received an awesome tuning package:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/191/tmw8.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/12/pr92.jpg

and a USB with the software (not pictured).

My car's mods at the time:
- aFe drop in filter
- 3" test pipe
- 2.5" exhaust
- Dead SAI

After a few easy back and forth e-mails and some fun on the laptop, I had a tuned A4 with no CELs and no problems.

The best part...Dave even sent me a file over 6 months later for a 91 tune now that I'll be moving to CA. No questions asked.

Great customer service and an awesome product. Thank you Dave! I will be in contact when it's time to upgrade the turbo [wrench]

fed0ra
02-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Dave is the man! He was really helpful when I was looking for a tune for my wideband conversion. And when I had to sell some stuff I needed for my Stage 1+ tune he was fine with letting me do stage 1 first and upgrading to 1+ when I was ready.

When I wanted to switch to using a 3" maf he was happy to update the tune for me.

All around great customer service and a quality tune.

Koldham
02-16-2014, 01:11 PM
does he do tunes for 97 AEBs or 91 octane?

fed0ra
02-16-2014, 01:58 PM
As far as I know he only does wideband tunes. But if you have wideband he will tune for whatever fuel you want (91, 93, 100, etc).

Koldham
02-16-2014, 02:07 PM
i bought the wrong year car :<

GOODBYNAAIR
02-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Yeah as of right now he (Dave@motoza) only does windband cars AWM and B6, I have his 550cc BT file and car runs great! as said before he will run any fuel Im running 93 oct and working a 100+

fed0ra
02-16-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm hoping to do E85 at some point and along with his new tune switcher (not sure if its officially out or not) it would be super simple to switch between a 93 and E85 tune whenever I changed fuels.

alexvanlewen
08-24-2014, 11:41 AM
Yeah as of right now he (Dave@motoza) only does windband cars AWM and B6, I have his 550cc BT file and car runs great! as said before he will run any fuel Im running 93 oct and working a 100+

Sucks sooooo bad. I have an ATW and I neeeeed this tune.

fed0ra
08-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Sucks sooooo bad. I have an ATW and I neeeeed this tune.

My car is an ATW. Wideband conversion isn't expensive and is easy to do.

alexvanlewen
08-24-2014, 02:36 PM
What is needed and how much all together was it? What are the benefits of wide band?

fed0ra
08-24-2014, 03:07 PM
What is needed and how much all together was it? What are the benefits of wide band?

Easy way: unitronics harness adapter, Bosch wideband o2 sensor, MAF sensor from a 2001 a4, tune for a 2001 with vvt delete. Injectors don't matter as long as you tune for them and you aren't on a stock tune. If you don't wanna spend $100 on the unitronics harness you can make your own with a 2001 harness but I went with a pre-made adapter harness so I can't help there.

pichno
08-24-2014, 04:30 PM
I just purchased the K04 tune from Dave for 10% off which was a nice touch from the get go, not to mention as others have said you're able to scan/clear codes will the goodies provided! I purchased the 550cc Bosch injectors from a Ebay seller out of Michigan for $115 brand spanking new which is a KILLER deal! Actually, I noticed he posted up more if anyone is interested in buying genuine Bosch 550's for a killer price. I sent him a message and purchased outside of EBay to save another 20-30 bucks and avoid fees. If someone isn't comfortable doing all of that, his asking price on EBay is still dirt cheap at $130-140 for a set of 4 I believe it was. Anyway moving on...lol

With all of that said, I'm on my first revision and both ECU writings went slick as hell. Dave is extremely polite, professional, and VERY knowledgable which is a refreshing change from Oliver at Speedtuning. My Motoza tune is FAR smoother than Speedtunings, and doesn't cause the partial throttle soft limp mode neither which is such a relief.

The only bummer in my case is the fact Dave set my software up slightly soft by easing things up on the top end due to temps and timing because I'm running the stock intercooler, however I'll be getting one installed within the month. I'm assuming once that time comes it will not be a HUGE power increase or anything, however it will surely be "noticeable" no doubt.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with each and every aspect deciding to go with Motoza, and would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat!