PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector Seats (leaking issue)

rage385
02-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Hello everyone,

So I went ahead and replaced all of my seat with ones from velocity motorsports. I love them. Here is the thing. I tried using the thicker o-rings, but they just didnt seem like they seated properly, yes, I used oil before installing them. For the sake of testing, I tried them anyway. I performed a leak test and I had a leak coming the seat for cylinder 1 (where the injector mates with the seat).

Things I have done:

- tried swapped injectors from cylinder 2. Leaks did NOT move from cylinder 1 to cylinder 2. Leak was still on cylinder 1.
- tried using the OEM o-rings and the leak was still there.
- installed just the injectors and made sure the injectors were really in there....leak was still there.

So I do have to admit that I was stupid and used an impact drill to install the seats before. I had to take them out because I did not put sufficient thread sealer on the seats. When I took them out and reinstalled, I use a regular socket and made sure I did not over torque them. So just to be clear, what is happening now is the leak is coming from the mating area the injector and seat. No other cylinder is leaking and the leak is not coming from the threads.

Did I damage the seat when I used my drill? I looked at it and compared them. I couldnt see anything obvious, but I know the tolerances are really tight and any deformation (however slight) could cause the leaks.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

soeuroithurts
02-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Can be a pre chamber leak, or a damaged cylinder head.

rage385
02-15-2014, 09:00 AM
reallly? cause does it matter that my compression test checked out (175).

soeuroithurts
02-15-2014, 09:07 AM
You did a compression test? 175 on all cylinder? And you may have damaged the seats though due to impact gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

rage385
02-15-2014, 12:24 PM
That is why I am hoping. I installed the seats with the intake manifold out of the car, so if there is damage, it should be the seat or the mani itself.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

soeuroithurts
02-15-2014, 03:32 PM
I'd check the manifold in that case. So you have a space? I've notice your garage contains a b5 s4, you have posted in the a4 section, are you in fact talking about an a4 or s4?

LEGO
02-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Do you still have your plastic seats? Try installing one back into the manifold and see if you still get leaks. At least you'll know if it's due to the seats or the injectors not fitting well.

rage385
02-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Do you still have your plastic seats? Try installing one back into the manifold and see if you still get leaks. At least you'll know if it's due to the seats or the injectors not fitting well.

like your typical seats, mine shattered the moment I tried to remove them. I am going to talk to Phil at Verdict and see if he would sell me one. They are billet aluminum, so I am wondering how hard they are to damage.