PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of the NiteGrind FMIC kit??

EliA4B5
02-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Came across something interesting on Craigslist

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ptd/4315745404.html

http://nitegrindtransmissions.wordpress.com
I don't see anything on their page about Audi really. Just a small business flipping parts I assume.

I know they have an account here on audizine but I don't see anything specific on this kit. I am in the market for a FMIC and this looks like its in my budget. I am planning to go with a F21 frankenturbo or possibly GTRS/ Gt2871r. (If I can find a way to spool near 3000rpms I'll go BT but anyways back to front mounts). If any members here can vouch that this is a good purchase or if they have a better suggestion for a kit near this price range please let me know!!

fed0ra
02-12-2014, 05:26 AM
That looks like the cxracing kit. It's one of the more "reputable" eBay brands and is on the higher end of quality when it comes to eBay parts.

Fitment should be pretty solid but I don't know about cooling ability.

MetalMan
02-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Looks exactly like the CX Racing kit.

M-Hood
02-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Might be a little small for a GTRS/GT2871 seeing it is only 385 Cubic Inches.

EliA4B5
02-12-2014, 02:45 PM
So this is a good kit? It is priced $10 plus no shipping if I pick it up

If this is a good replacement for stock k03 for now. And yhen the frankenturbo route later. If I go bigger turbo eventually I wonder if I can just buy like a precision intercooler and swap it in if all the plumbing is already mounted.
I know in am spitting a lot of ideas but I do want to grab this if CX is a good choice for now

MetalMan
02-12-2014, 02:55 PM
It's what I'm running with FrankenTurbo, and should work for you.
But keep in mind you'll need to cut up the bumper including the aluminum bumper support a little to make it fit.

EliA4B5
02-12-2014, 03:26 PM
I currently have a busted rieger Rs4 in the front. But I am planning on putting on an s4 In the front so I will be aware of that. Am I going to lose a lot of protection cutting the metal out? You have to remove fog lights as well from what I remember

MetalMan
02-12-2014, 06:39 PM
You keep the stock fogs with the CX Racing kit, without any modifications. The bumper grills need to be trimmed though.

Also based on the amount I cut the bumper support, I don't think it would be much less effective in a crash than an un-cut support.

M-Hood
02-13-2014, 06:26 AM
I currently have a busted rieger Rs4 in the front. But I am planning on putting on an s4 In the front so I will be aware of that. Am I going to lose a lot of protection cutting the metal out? You have to remove fog lights as well from what I remember

You only have to notch the lower lip of the bumper support to allow the FMIC to slide up in there, so your not actually removing all that much of the support itself.