PDA

View Full Version : Re-Seating bump stops

Doke
02-10-2014, 08:14 AM
My front bump stops keep coming out of their seat and it makes a really annoying clunk/squeaking noise every time I go over a bump. I'm about 2" lower than stock right now on coils. Does anyone know how to properly re-seat the bump stops so they stop coming out? Should I cut them? If so, does anyone know of a way to cut them while on the car because it's too cold outside to be taking coilovers off.

walky_talky20
02-10-2014, 09:58 AM
I think you just hit a *really* big bump.

But srsly, I just pushed mine up in by hand. Never caused me any drama.

Mad Cow
02-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Are you talking about the spring perches? Because those little foam bumpstops don't have enough mass in them to clunk, let alone make any noise.

Doke
02-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm talking about the dust shield/ bump stop assembly. They don't really clunk, its more of the sound you get with a bad swaybar bushing. I've tried pushing them up by hand, but they work themselves loose after about a month and the noise comes back. Would it be a bad idea to glue them up there?

walky_talky20
02-10-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't think it would hurt to glue them.

Mad Cow
02-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Oh right I forgot about the plastic part. Maybe instead of glue try wrapping a couple layers of electrical tape over the shock shaft at the very top to make it thicker. I can't see any type of glue holding up, you're gluing something porous to polished steel, that's like the worse combination of materials for glue or epoxy.

BernanksBeard
03-07-2015, 04:30 PM
****sorry wrong forum******