PDA

View Full Version : Vmaxx coil over fronts too low

clumsyme
02-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Hey guys I am having a problem. I have a b5 avant that is on vmaxx coils but my problem is the fronts are all the way up but it is still way too low but my rears are only 10 threads up from the bottom. Any help? I am running 18x8 et 35 with 225/35/18 tires.

clumsyme
02-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Anyone?

Bordom
02-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Did you get them recently, new or used?

xdewaynex
02-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Just how far up, is all the way up? Im running Vmaxx CO's and mine are threaded 2.25" from the bottom. If I were to adjust the coils up to the top, the car would be sitting sky high in the front.

clumsyme
02-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Just how far up, is all the way up? Im running Vmaxx CO's and mine are threaded 2.25" from the bottom. If I were to adjust the coils up to the top, the car would be sitting sky high in the front.

They came on the car when I bought it. And they are all threaded all the way up and it is still slammed. To keep the car level I have the rears only 10 threads up from the bottom.

walky_talky20
02-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Perhaps the previous owner cut the coils to get MOAR LOW.

Seems like he cut too deep.

crazyquik22023
02-11-2014, 03:32 PM
I agree springs must be cut in the front.

xdewaynex
02-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Perhaps the previous owner cut the coils to get MOAR LOW.

Seems like he cut too deep.

My thoughts exactly after reading his reply, but damn the po must have cut a lot.

clumsyme
02-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Well shit look likes I am going to drop the fronts and see what's up. I don't even know about ordering springs all around that are a tad stiffer

xdewaynex
02-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Contact the guys at Vmaxx USA and see what they can do. They are actually located in Tampa Fla. I contacted them last year to get new adjusting rings for mine, and had them in a weeks time.

clumsyme
02-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Contact the guys at Vmaxx USA and see what they can do. They are actually located in Tampa Fla. I contacted them last year to get new adjusting rings for mine, and had them in a weeks time.

I might give them a call and see what's up. I tried to look under the car this morning and I could see anything

Koldham
02-12-2014, 07:58 AM
i had a set of vmaxx coils too. the fronts are just damn low. i had them wound all the ways up to the point where the ride was crap and my undertray would still scrape on everything. sold them and bought lowering springs.

clumsyme
02-12-2014, 01:37 PM
I am afraid I am in the same boat. the only problem is the guy I bought the car from didnt include the stock suspension. BUT there is a b5 sedan with sport suspension and it is a 2.8 I am wondering if there would be anything different with that besides the rear springs?

clumsyme
02-12-2014, 01:38 PM
i had a set of vmaxx coils too. the fronts are just damn low. i had them wound all the ways up to the point where the ride was crap and my undertray would still scrape on everything. sold them and bought lowering springs.

sorry for the double post but would getting different front springs help?

ray4624
02-12-2014, 02:08 PM
it would unless the actually strut assembly is shorter then stock.

Koldham
02-12-2014, 04:59 PM
i just got lowering springs. didn't mess around with the coils. you might try getting a bigger wheel and tire but that could get expensive quick.

clumsyme
02-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I mean I am already on 18x8 et35 on 225/40/18 and the bolt on the top control arm is cutting into the tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElliottG
02-12-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't think that can be fixed with raising your suspension...the whole upright assembly is a fixed thing and won't change with ride height...you need spacers if your wheels are rubbing on the top control arm bolts...

clumsyme
02-12-2014, 07:25 PM
I don't think that can be fixed with raising your suspension...the whole upright assembly is a fixed thing and won't change with ride height...you need spacers if your wheels are rubbing on the top control arm bolts...

I know I need spacers but that also doesn't help explain why my coils are topped out but I can't get it up.

clumsyme
02-13-2014, 06:07 AM

I tired to call them yesterday and no one picked up and it was like there was no answering machine because it rang for 5mins before I hung up.

xdewaynex
02-13-2014, 07:00 AM
May try emailing them. I done the same and Austin got back to me through email.

c0r3y.af
02-13-2014, 08:07 AM
I never had any luck getting in touch with Vmaxx when my fronts blew prematurely, and I ended up giving up after a couple of weeks. Sounds like either your springs were cut or your front shocks are just blown out. Worst coils out there IMO - I totally regret buying mine.

clumsyme
02-13-2014, 09:19 AM
I never had any luck getting in touch with Vmaxx when my fronts blew prematurely, and I ended up giving up after a couple of weeks. Sounds like either your springs were cut or your front shocks are just blown out. Worst coils out there IMO - I totally regret buying mine.

Yea these are not my top choice but due to college life. I don't have a lot of money to play with right now.

Any thoughts on fixes for now. I got a set of spacers to fix the tire cutting issue. But as for ride height it is do able for now.

clumsyme
02-14-2014, 08:44 AM
So after inspection and discussion with Austin at Vmaxx. What other factors could contribute to the low front end? Control arm bushing? What else?

ray4624
02-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Piece of shit coils lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VMRWheels
02-14-2014, 11:33 AM
You can try different springs that are a different length and different spring rate to help raise the ride height.

clumsyme
02-14-2014, 11:35 AM
You can try different springs that are a different length and different spring rate to help raise the ride height.

I was thinking that to. But I am not super knowledgable with springs so I don't know where to start with different springs

turbo3
02-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Trying different length springs is not goin to work. The shock is only goin to extend so far. If your coils are up as far as they go, that's as high as your getting. Your only have 2 options from there, 1. replace with different suspension 2. Deal with it