PDA

View Full Version : Need clutch help

elitechameleon
02-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Hey guys, I have a 2000 audi a4 1.8tqm and just the other day I put it in gear at a stop light and I let the clutch all the way out and it began moving slowly but it was revving high and it definitely wasn't normal. it smelled horrible after. I shat myself because I thought it was going out. This is my first car and i'm only 16 so don't know too much about this type of thing. the release point is normal and i had my dad drive it and he said it feels normal. I'm worrying that it is going out and i'm going to have to put everything on hold and replace it. The smell happens when I get into the 3500-4000 rpm range before letting the clutch out, like one time I was trying to get over a small snow bank at the end of my driveway. Is this some kind of other problem? Am I looking at a big fix or a small one? Thanks in advance. [facepalm] [mad][=(]

Scientist
02-10-2014, 07:49 AM
LMFAO

At 16 it is understandable you have to race against your own shadow. But the dual mass clutch system you have is not really set for burnouts. Tire burnouts, that is.

elitechameleon
02-10-2014, 08:31 AM
okay I was hoping for an answer to the question I asked. And who said I was racing? Just because I'm 16 doesn't mean I'm a jackass

Scientist
02-10-2014, 08:49 AM
LMFAO

I believe you'll have to get a different clutch kit. Ask around, or better yet, search. There's tons of suggestions for different clutch set ups.

Also, my apologies for being a jackass. I was there once. I keep telling that to my 20 yo son.

Peace.