PDA

View Full Version : 1.8/2.0 build question on tune

burnout420
02-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Hi, im new here. I have a question hoping some one can answer. I am doing a 2.0 stroker build on my 1.8t eng code awm.. I am on my way assembling all the parts.. fsi crank, wossner pistons 9.2:1 cr, IE tuscan rods supertech valves, ect. ect.... plan was garret turbo and tune. I dont know where to get it tuned yet.
either way, work has slowed down now, so I wont have the fund$ to buy the turbo and tune for a little while.
I need this car as it is my daily driver. my question is, will I beable to run the stroker on either stock or APR stage 1 tune? I have 2 ecu's. One stock, and one APR tune. Thanks

rvca3112
02-08-2014, 06:07 PM
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to drive the car. If you have a k03 on it and all you have is internals then you should be fine. Not like you'll be boosting high or anything. The motor should be more torquey but that's it. What doing internals does is just strengthen weak point in the motor. Until you're capable of doing the turbo and doing the tune will you be able to actually be able to benefit from those additional parts.

rvca3112
02-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Also in terms of where to get it tuned... Your location would help. See if you have any knowledgable tuners in your area and go from there. Once you start doing motor builds it starts getting rough with tuning. Unless you have a actual Audi/vw/porsche tuner in your area or you live near 034 motor sports.... You may want to start reading up on tuning now and go with euro dyne and tune yourself.

tonelee1316
02-09-2014, 01:14 AM
I have a giac custom tuned ecu for a gt2871r and injectors for sale that I used in my 01

tonelee1316
02-09-2014, 01:22 AM
I have a giac custom tuned ecu for a gt2871r and injectors for sale that I used in my 01