PDA

View Full Version : Standard Vogtlands vs Vogtland GT3s for a 1.8T Avant

fed0ra
02-06-2014, 02:40 PM
So I am saving for coilovers and I am wondering if the GT3s are worth the premium. I have an Avant so I am tempted to say GT3s because the stiffer springs in the back but I don't know how much of a difference it actually makes for handling. If I went with the Vogtlands I could get them on sale at PureMS and pick them up this month; the GT3s I would have to keep saving and lord knows when they are gonna be back in stock (or for how long) so there's no telling when I'd get them.

Does anyone have any experience with both the standard set and the GT3s (or either), particularly in an Avant? I have read some reviews of each but never really a comparison between the two.

Thanks [up].

GOODBYNAAIR
02-06-2014, 02:51 PM
I would say go with the GT3, Been in cars with standard Voglands and its way better than stock but.. I have ST coils and I would also say they dont (the standard) feel much different from mine. I have never been in a car with GT3s so cant comment on them.

fed0ra
02-06-2014, 02:56 PM
I would say go with the GT3, Been in cars with standard Voglands and its way better than stock. I have ST coils and I would also say they dont (the standard) feel much different from mine.

I have heard that the STs and the Vogtlands are basically the same, but that there may be something different in the valving or the spring rates. However, nothing has ever been substantiated other than that they are very similar.

I have wanted the GT3s for over a year and now that I'm close to having enough money they are on backorder. Part of me is hoping they replace it with an updated "GT4" model, in which case (barring any price increase) I would definitely pick them up.

GOODBYNAAIR
02-06-2014, 05:07 PM
hmm back order sucks have you looked into other coils that are in the same price range as the GT3 like konis ect ? For the price of the GT3 you may find coils that have adjustable damping witch is a plus.

Skyler@Achtuning
02-06-2014, 05:15 PM
We did just receive a small shipment from Vogtlands, and currently have 5 available for sale, I have updated our website accordingly. I would say the GT3 is definitely the way to go for an Avant, especially if you drive it hard through the turns.

Cgoon009
02-06-2014, 06:57 PM
The STs and Vogtlands are way different in terms of feel. The STs have softer spring rates and a softer ride. The vogtlands are stiffer and firmer feel. This is due to the higher spring rates. The GT3s are even stiffer. I would highly recommend the Vogtlands because they are a great sports setup. I have tested both.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

fed0ra
02-06-2014, 07:57 PM
The STs and Vogtlands are way different in terms of feel. The STs have softer spring rates and a softer ride. The vogtlands are stiffer and firmer feel. This is due to the higher spring rates. The GT3s are even stiffer. I would highly recommend the Vogtlands because they are a great sports setup. I have tested both.

Do you mean you've tested both the GT3s and the standard version? If so would you say they are worth the extra money? Right now the GT3s will cost me ~200 more than the standard coilovers and I don't know if they are worth $200 more.

DeathKing
02-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Go GT3 trust me. Although mine do clunk which stinks.

Cgoon009
02-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Do you mean you've tested both the GT3s and the standard version? If so would you say they are worth the extra money? Right now the GT3s will cost me ~200 more than the standard coilovers and I don't know if they are worth $200 more.

No I meant the STs vs the Vogtlands. The GT3s are a harder ride but flatter corners and better handling. If you daily drive the car, I would recommend the regular vogtlands. If you track drive the car then go for the GT3s.

fed0ra
02-07-2014, 12:45 PM
No I meant the STs vs the Vogtlands. The GT3s are a harder ride but flatter corners and better handling. If you daily drive the car, I would recommend the regular vogtlands. If you track drive the car then go for the GT3s.

Have you driven/ridden in a GT3-equipped car?