PDA

View Full Version : APRi stage 2

Koldham
02-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Can i run APR stage 2 even though i am a 97 AEB drive by cable? and would i still need an injector swap? some places iv read said i can and some said i cant.

fed0ra
02-06-2014, 09:59 AM
As far as I'm aware (and a quick google search seems to confirm it) there is no Stage 2 file for the AEB (or any B5 for that matter, only B6 and up). And no, you cannot use a Stage 2 file from a DBW B6 (or B5 if it exists) on a DBC B5. The ECUs are completely different.

EDIT: Be aware that some people sell used "Stage 2 AEB ECUs" but when asked they generally admit that its a Stage 1 tune with a Test Pipe CEL delete and not a proper Stage 2 tune which uses larger injectors and runs more boost.

Koldham
02-06-2014, 10:04 AM
That's what I thought. Was looking at buying an ecu with injectors. But I had never seen that one for sale.

rage385
02-06-2014, 10:05 AM
My ATW is a APR Stage II. They just dont sell it fully loaded. By this I mean no multiple octanes or the anti theft.

Koldham
02-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the help folks, just trying to see how far I can get without a turbo swap. It seems stage 1 is the limit

GOODBYNAAIR
02-06-2014, 02:42 PM
My room mate Has anAEB and had stg 2 brfore is F21 you need a hi flow cat or test pipe. no need for injectors thats only B6 cars. If you want the most out of your car with only a chip I would not go APR. They do make great tunes but they are not known for making top numbers in power. I too had stg 2 from APR (AWM) before going GT2860. Dont get me wrong it really wakes the car up, its how it should be stock 200-210 chp. GIAC and Tapp I think make more aggressive tunes for the AEB.

www.goapr.com (http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_a418t.html)

Koldham
02-06-2014, 02:57 PM
But where would I get a stage 2 Apr tune. Some people say they don't exist or that they are stage ones with a cat delete. Other's swear by them. I guess that's what's confusing me.

GOODBYNAAIR
02-06-2014, 03:29 PM
It says Stg II on the web site I posted before. Do you have a shop that sell Apr by you ? If so call them, If not I believe you can mail the ECU to Apr. You can run stg 1 with not cat sure but stg 2 gives you more timming fuel and boost. You can run stg 1 on a stock car. Apr says you cant on the stg 2 because the stock Cat does not flow well.

you can also look in the classifieds for used Arp tune All AEB tune should be the same just be sure its for whatever your car you have. like AWD or FWD and man trans or auto trans needs to match your car.

For example this Is a GIAC stg 1 for AEB

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6901744-FS-GIAC-tuned-ecu-for-AEB

they came up all the time save some money that way. APR tune will show up before too long lots of people change it up.