PDA

View Full Version : 99 audi a4 2.8 problems running HELP

Mal
02-05-2014, 07:11 PM
I recently bought another b5. its a 2.8 v6 5 speed Quattro car. First thing the car will start and idle, just will not rev over ~1500 rpms will driving, while neutral I can get it over that, but I have to rev it hard and it takes quite a while. feels as if it isn't getting fuel, air, or spark. I pulled the MAF and the car wouldn't even run, so then I checked spark. I even went as far as putting new plugs that are correctly gapped in the car. I have spark on all six luckily. Lastly, the cars fuel pump will not prime when I turn the key "on". but will when I crank the car. I checked the fuse, it was good. Also checked the relay, It is also good. does anyone have any other ideas? I was thinking maybe the fuel pressure regulator but I am unsure honestly where that is even located. I just read my codes and the only one is for throttle body control module.

Mal
02-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Anyone?

Kenrevo
02-06-2014, 01:51 PM
I had a simular problem when i forgot to plug my throttle body back in when I was doing work. I would check to see if the connector is loose and clean it. If you are still having a problem maybe the sensor went.

Mal
02-06-2014, 02:46 PM
I had a simular problem when i forgot to plug my throttle body back in when I was doing work. I would check to see if the connector is loose and clean it. If you are still having a problem maybe the sensor went.

That is a possibility. I noticed the black plastic tube connected to the throttlebody moves a bit when I touch it. What code would I get for the sensor?

jerrone
02-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Throttle body alignment. you need Vag-Com

Mal
02-06-2014, 03:36 PM
tba could cause this much trouble?

jerrone
02-06-2014, 03:51 PM
tba could cause this much trouble?

lol.... you have no idea.

When you try to drive it, does it seem like it has no power, or it revs but goes very slow? or even buck?
if so, I'm almost certain this is the problem.

Lets see what others who are more experienced than I am have to say. GL

Mal
02-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Well in gear it will not get over a certain point. If I'm at let's say 1200 rpms in 5th gear and drop it into 2nd and it revs to about 3k but it sounds like nothing is igniting or like there is no fuel and won't accelerate till it gets beck under 1500

Mal
02-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Now I'm waiting on the dreaded fuel filter washers to get here so I can put the car back together and actually test some stuff

Mal
02-11-2014, 03:12 PM
got the fuel filter hooked back up, pulled the TB sprayed the connections inside of it for the sensor with cleaner, then i cleaned all of the buildup, finally i performed another TBA and ill be darned if it didnt start up perfectly. Im gonna take it for a drive later and see how it goes.

jerrone
02-11-2014, 05:29 PM
told you bro.

Mal
02-12-2014, 10:25 AM
unfortunately it doesnt run perfectly, but much better. idles correctly and everything.